cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

FTTP Upgrade query - mod able to make offer?

Go to solution

I've tried the BT online chat today but that shows as chat is busy and keeps showing the spinning dots, saying checking availability, but nothing ever happens. Yes, I could call, but I find this far less convenient so I'd rather not.

I understand if mods might not be able to help on billing, upgrades or promotions. I wasn't sure on that but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask all the same.

I've seen this article recently which outlines your promotions on Full Fibre 500 and 900. Broadband ISP BT Heavily Discounts 500Mbps and 900Mbps FTTP - ISPreview UK

I am already contracted with you on Full Fibre 500 at £39.99, I would not expect for you to be able to offer me the new lower Full Fibre 500 price because obviously I agreed to that price when I first moved over to FTTP.

However, I am interested to know if you could offer me the Full Fibre 900 at £40.99mth, which is also mentioned in the linked article. This is more than I am currently paying, so basically you'd be upgrading me from Full Fibre 500 to Full Fibre 900. I presume in doing this that this would likely mean a new 24 month contract starting again, which is fine.

If this is possible please let me know. Feel free to PM me for any account details.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: FTTP Upgrade query - mod able to make offer?

Go to solution

have you tried phoning options team 0800800030 as they should be able to help  if redirected to CS just hang up and try later.  mods don't normally get involved in renewals unless there are account problems which need sorted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Now that’s a speedy reply, thanks.

Appreciate the input, I’ll note the number down and consider a call if I get no joy here from mod. Will keep an eye on the website chat again too.

I really hate ringing call centres, but if I’m desperate enough…

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

if you see another recent post if you upgrade before 1st March then you will still be subject to price increases on 31st March but upgrading after 1st march and you will not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution
Oh really, wasn't aware of that. Good to know, thanks again.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

if you see another recent post if you upgrade before 1st March then you will still be subject to price increases on 31st March but upgrading after 1st march and you will not

I really don't understand that, surely if it were the case then everybody would simply renew after the 1st March rather than suffer the price increase.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

I really don't understand that, surely if it were the case then everybody would simply renew after the 1st March rather than suffer the price increase.

It was a mod posted that information earlier

Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

I know, but I still don't understand how that works.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution
Exactly why I have been trying to find where BT officially says renewing etc after 1 March wont incur the price increase.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

You will probably find that as per previous years if I remember correctly, after the first of March any renewal/new contract price will include the price rise and as such you will not incur the price rise on 31st March. Renew before that date at the current prices and you will incur the price rise on 31st March.

0 Ratings