cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: FTTP Upgrade query - mod able to make offer?

Go to solution
Sorry to reiterate what I have said in this and other recent threads where does BT officially document the price increase will not apply to renewals etc if taken out after 1 March? When I was on chat with the retention agent he was surprised by this date of 1 March being quoted, his response was that it may have applied in previous years but to his knowledge BT have not informed customers that this still applies for the 2023 price increase.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

@allanraymond wrote:
Sorry to reiterate what I have said in this and other recent threads where does BT officially document the price increase will not apply to renewals etc if taken out after 1 March? When I was on chat with the retention agent he was surprised by this date of 1 March being quoted, his response was that it may have applied in previous years but to his knowledge BT have not informed customers that this still applies for the 2023 price increase.

BT have not stated it any where however a moderator stated it in this thread which has already been posted on another thread you posted on.

Solved: Renewed and still showing a price increase from 31... - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

I'm sorry this is not an answer to my query. Posting to a thread saying this is what a Mod wrote isn't acceptable I have seen the same comment myself, so where did the Mod get his information?

I'm not being awkward, there surely must be somewhere which BT have made accessible to all customers (not just those on this forum) that the price increase doesn’t take effect if you renew after 1 March.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

As I have already posted. BT have not stated it other than what has been posted by a moderator.I have no idea where the moderator got that information but as he is a BT employee I strongly suspect he got that information from BT!

The first of March date is probably being used in the same manner as was posted in BT's email regarding the price increase last year.

"We want to let you know that from 31 March 2022, the price of some of your products and services will be increasing in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation published in January, plus 3.9%. To make things easier, we’ve calculated how your bill will be affected below".

The email then went onto list which and by how much my package/products were increasing then the following was stated.

"This information is based on the services you had on 13 February 2022. If you’ve changed anything since then, go to bt.com/tariffguide. If you have got other services that aren’t showing here, don’t worry, it means those prices aren’t changing".

Which in my opinion would indicate anything after 13th Feb would not have been subject to any rise because the rise would already be included in the price of any package as per the tariff guide.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Had a look at my account and I think the BT upgrade offers have changed now that it's the 1st March. I'm seeing it's an extra fiver to go for 900Mb Halo 3. I'm not sure what the Halo 3 thing is (pretty sure it's not my old favourite game!). 

I know there's been some discussion about a specific mod comment, but could a mod please chime in here for me just to clarify that if I upgrade now, as of today, and take the BT website upgrade offer in my account at £5mth extra for 900Mb, that this won't also be subject to a price hike in April?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched and thanks for your post.

If you upgrade today, 01/03/23, you won't be subject to the price change.

Cheers

David

Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

@besmirched wrote:

Had a look at my account and I think the BT upgrade offers have changed now that it's the 1st March. I'm seeing it's an extra fiver to go for 900Mb Halo 3. I'm not sure what the Halo 3 thing is (pretty sure it's not my old favourite game!). 

I know there's been some discussion about a specific mod comment, but could a mod please chime in here for me just to clarify that if I upgrade now, as of today, and take the BT website upgrade offer in my account at £5mth extra for 900Mb, that this won't also be subject to a price hike in April?

Now that a moderator has clarified, does that £5 work out to be more or less the same cost as the package would have increased had you upgrade prior to today and subsequently incurred the price rise. ie As from 1st March the price rise is incorporated into the package price.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

I've just recontracted (i.e. 1 March) at the same price as I'm now paying so fingers crossed as already been said on a number of occasions this wont be subject to the CPI plus 3.9% increase on 31 March.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Difficult to say, the offers that show in MyBT account area were changing frequently. I did see the same £5 offer being available on a few occasions over the last couple of months. Then it would change to something else and even increase. So it varies is my best answer.

Currently I am on Full Fibre 500 at £39.99. The £5 upgrade for Full Fibre 900 includes Halo 3. I might try my luck and enquire if they can offer me the 900 without Halo 3, and see if I can get it a little cheaper.

900 is certainly overkill, but if I do nothing and remain on the 500, then the price goes up, I presume by more than £5. So right now it's making sense to me to just jump on the 900 deal if I can't negotiate anything sweeter.

Edit: If you weren't aware you can see your unique offers by going to your MyBT account on the website, selecting Products, Broadband, and then you should see an upgrade button which will take you to a page of offers available for you. The cheapest one is actually £1 extra which just adds Halo 3 to my existing FF 500 package. I'm pretending I don't see that though, just for a slight excuse for an unnecessary speed boost to 900 for a fiver. 😉

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Update - I did complete the order via. web chat today. A chat box popped up while I was on the upgrades page. Tried some haggling but not really getting anywhere.

The best offered to me on chat was the one I could see at a fiver extra, however on chat I did get it confirmed that this includes 12mths Game Pass Ultimate - that wasn’t actually listed on the upgrade offers page. So might have got that as an extra benefit using web chat.

I do already have 6mths applied from my 500Mb package too, hopefully the additional 12 months Game Pass Ultimate doesn't complicate things.

0 Ratings