cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Full Fibre- Order cancelled by BT 4 times

Had and email and flyer from BT saying we could now get full fibre to the premises. Currently fibre to cabinet with mas 20 mbs download and 1mbs upload so going full fibre will be a godsend. So on Jan 8 ordered full fibre 500 with halo 3. Got a technician installation date of the 27th Jan. On 20th Jan looked on MyBT to see when equipment would be arriving, but found order had been cancelled by BT no emails or text message to say it had been cancelled. I had took the 27th Jan off as holiday so if I had not checked on MyBt I would have waited all day for a technician to arrive not knowing the order had been cancelled.  Phoned up BT on 2oth Jan, spent 45 mins on phone to be told just to place another order so did that. Then on 21st Jan i checked MyBT and saw that order had yet again been cancelled. Phoned BT again and asked what was happening and how can orders be cancelled without the customer being notified, no answer was forth coming. This time the advisor spoke to someone in the Full Fibre team and I was told that we needed to wait 24hrs before putting another order. Next day received a text saying can reorder, so phoned BT again and asked what the issue was , stil no-one knows but told to place another order. Order was placed and advisor said she would phone me on Monday 24th to check all was well. You guessed it she did not phone.

On Tuesday 25th January checked MyBT to find order had been cancelled again. Phoned up again and got through to full fibre team who sai dthat they would submit this problem to back office team who would investigate and contact me by latest Friday 28th Jan.

Friday 28th Jan had not received any communication from anyone from BT regarding status of issue. So rang again BT to be told by someone from the value team that we should reorder so did that and a new order was put into place. After the call I checked MyBT to find the appointment has been cancelled. Called again and got through to an advisor from the Full Fibre team who said my order was being looked at by the PTS team. I requested that I need a single point of cantact for this issue and at least some form of communication on status of the investigation. So the advisor said she would from now on act as the case manager and phone me between 14:00 to 16:00 on Monday to give me an update.

Let say I do not hold much hope on that call happening as so far I have had zero communications from BT on any of the cancelled orders, it is me who has found they have been cancelled and have had to call BT to try to sort it out. On the log of orders all the cancelled orders are termed complete and they even say it is me who has asked that the orders are cancelled which is not true.

One of my neighbour's is also having the same issue but then another neighbour is having theirs's installed next week.

What is going on in BT to be so poor in customer support and closing orders which have not been fulfilled.  Would like to hear of any way to get out of this problem.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Full Fibre- Order cancelled by BT 4 times

Are you dealing with the FTTP TEAM. 08005874787

Can you enter phone number and post results please.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I've been going through using the standard 0800800150 number and asking to be put to the full fibre team, but to which team I actually get seems quite varied.

Here are the results

Screenshot (8).png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

dslchecker certainly shows FTTP available to you so try the FTTP TEAM 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 9

Thank you, will use that number to get to the full fibre team

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Although any commitment by BT to keep you informed , call backs etc,  should be kept, it’s likely that your orders have been cancelled , effectively by Openreach , it could be that although the wholesale checker states that WBC FTTP is available to order , perhaps that is an error , and OR have separate checks that indicate it’s not , or it’s something in particular to your address,  the KCI 2 assure ( keeping customer informed 2 ) suggests you live in an area served by underground methods , normally  a two stage install, 1st visit to confirm duct etc is OK, 2nd to actually fit the equipment , perhaps there is an issue getting the optical cable from the underground ‘CBT’ to the wall of your property.

…hopefully if someone is to call Monday, they will.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

We are in a rural location and everything is above ground and on poles. The fibre optic wire is on the poles and nodes at the poles where cables go to premises.

Spoke to a member of the full fibre team to day and it seems that there are issues with similar complaints with the system transferring data from BT to Openreach but the data is not complete or has errors in it so Openreach then do not accept the order.  He spoke directly with Openreach and tried to see whether all data sent by BT was on Openreach data subset. We shall wait to see whether this repeat order works. M

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

OK, the KCI2 assure seems out of place , unless they also survey in advance to check if there are any reasons why service cannot be delivered with one visit , usually overhead, the ‘installer’ turns up and resolves issues on the day ( like requesting  a hoist/cherry picker etc.) , unless the KCI2 isn’t indicative of 1 or 2 stage installs, anyway, here’s hoping it’s soon resolved for you .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

The complexities of translating messages between different systems and data models. The fibre team will be able to work with Openreach and BT Digital to get the order (sent as a message) from OFS to Openreach correctly so that Openreach's downstream systems can accept it.

0 Ratings