cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Halo Upgrade

Go to solution

My current Halo contract runs out shortly and I have been offered 'peronalised' new deals. I have tried to order one of these online but when I try to do so I an asked for my account number and postcode and confirmation that I am the account holder. Instead of then  taking me to the checkout an error message comes up:

Sorry, there is a technical problem  Please ring 0800 587 0248 Ref: (Update DN)

Does anyone know what the problem is. I am deaf so so the phone can be a problem. Tried Virtual Assistant but it didn't connect me to a human.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Halo Upgrade

Go to solution

Hi @ColinVB and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems checking your personalised deals. I can help. I'll need some details so check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

David, thank you for your interest, much appreciated.

Pleased to report that I managed to resolve the problem myself with much head scratching. My Firefox browser appears to have been conflicting with the BT website despite clearing the cache. I tried using Microsoft Edge instead and was able to complete the order.

Halo is still pretty expensive though. But having read some of the posts about the difficulties of downgrading and bearing in mind btinternet is my main email address I couldn't face the likely hassle involved!

Might it be worth flagging up this issue in a more relevant part of the forum as there was no real indication that it was a browser issue?

Cheers,

Colin

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

That's great to hear @ColinVB 

Thanks for letting me know.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@ColinVB To be fair, although Firefox is my default browser, I sometimes find that it doesn't play nicely with some websites and just switch to Opera instead if I experience problems.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, I usually find Firefox gives no problems but obviously it can get caught out. Funnily enough I originally switched to Firefox because  Internet Explorer wouldn't work properly with the editor of a website forum I was moderating.

These sort of glitches can be very difficult to pin down as it is often not apparent where the root of the problem is.