cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Halo benefits with new contract?

Go to solution

Hi

I currently have Fibre Halo 3 broadband (47Mb speed) and a BT Mobile SIM only plan. The Halo part of the broadband deal includes double mobile data, plus unlimited mobile data in the event of a broadband fault (and use of a backup data hub which they sent me).

My contract ends in March and the only option for renewal is £56 per month which is far too high. I contacted BT and said I wanted fibre with Halo benefits but for nearer £25 per month which is a more normal fibre cost.

They advised I may be able to get Fibre 1 at £25 per month but I should contact them again when my contract ends. It's not clear if Halo would be included.

Is Halo still available as an add-on for a few pounds a month?

If I moved to an EE mobile deal, which BT are pushing, would Halo still get double mobile data and unlimited data in the event of a fault? Or do I get this anyway with the new EE deals without needing Halo?

Having unlimited data (or the use of the backup hub they sent me) in the event of a broadband fault is very useful as I work from home most of the time and rely on the internet.

Also, my current broadband speed is 47Mb. When looking at new customer deals, the highest speed BT offer me is 36Mb. TalkTalk quoted me 47Mb which is what I get with BT now. Why is BT only quoting 36Mb? My £56 renewal offer is at 47Mb.

Thanks in advance. I've not been able to find the answers on the BT website and the person I chatted to using the online chat function wasn't overly helpful, so I thought I'd try here for answers before deciding whether to stay with BT or just ditch them.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Halo benefits with new contract?

Go to solution

try phoning the options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate to agree a new contract.  if you don't like the offer then don't accept.  it looks like you currently have Fibre 1 with the halo 3 add on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Looks like Halo is being ditched in favour of just adding options. New customer price for Fibre 1 seems to be £28pm, with Hybrid Connect an additional £7pm. So £35 in total. That would give you a permanent EE connection that would kick in whenever the broadband dropped. So no need to wait for a Mini Hub to be sent out. You should see an option to add this after the TV options.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks - that makes sense.

The Hybrid Connect doesn't seem worth it for £7/month. The data on most mobile deals can be increased considerably for up to a few pounds per month, so you'd have plenty of data available to use your phone as a wifi hotspot and connect to that in the event of a broadband fault.

I'm still not clear why new offers are showing less than 40Mb speed for me, but my renewal is showing 47Mb.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Your speed won't change, you get whatever speed your line is capable of.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Is there any reason the customer support advised I should wait until I'm out of contract before renegotiating? I thought that could be done by now given it's so close to my contract ending (just two weeks away).

0 Ratings