cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

House name change

Hello,

I was wondering if one of the mods would be able to assist. I have recently had our local council approve a house name change, and need to 'correct' the address with BT that is held for the account (rather than just the contact details). It's almost right, but not quite and so it's best if I show a copy of the authorisation letter in a Private Message for the alteration to be made.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: House name change

Hi @wkirkman

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

We can help you update the address from here.  Before we do, you need to double check and make sure the address is correctly showing on >> Royal Mail's database <<

Do you want to try that and let me know how you get on, please?  Once everything is accurate on there we can update from our side 🙂

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi there,

In regard to Royal Mail they actually currently have both versions as one was added with the house name as an alias. I was informed that their system is clunky and runs on two separate databases that have nothing to do with each other, one they can add house names to and the other has the ‘official’ house name. The address checker on their website shows results from both databases.

I have asked them to change this now (as of yesterday) to reflect the new change.

However, I’m pretty sure BT have a version that is not actually on Royal Mail at all using the house name but no number… so whichever way you look at it, it needs to be corrected really.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for posting back @wkirkman

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

You'll also need to change the housename in the Post Office/Royal Mail database, as this is used by all businesses, Govt Depts etc to identify your address. This can be a real pain to get changed as I found out when the database was initially setup and my housename was recorded incorrectly. It took me several years to get it corrected!
0 Ratings