cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 124

Re: How can I revert control of my Xbox account back to Microsoft?

Can I please have this done as well?

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 124

Hi @sliyk

I have moved you over to >> your own thread here <<

Reply back when you get the chance and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 124

Hi,

Can someone please let me have the instructions also, I just tried to activate a code and it's still locked to BT after the 12 months free pass has long expired over a month ago ??

Cheers

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 124

Can someone please help? I was an EE phone customer and had the Add-on benefit which I thought would cancel when I left EE in April 2023.

I have been trying to sort this out since then. Microsoft have now come back again (I've been in contact 4/5 times), as well as with EE (who gave me an email to give to MS to say they can't do it - though there's nowhere to send an email to MS) and said...

"Your subscription with BT/EE is still active as you see, so they did not cancel it as they said in the email. you cannot have a second game pass on this account unless the current one with BT/EE is canceled, we don't have a way of canceling it from our end since it was set with with BT/EE. You will have to wait for the subscription expires if BT/EE are not willing to cancel it. W count on your understanding."

There is no explicit statement in the T&Cs that EE will have access to my Xbox account after termination and I am quite appalled by this and do not think it is legal.

I just want to add my own bank account to my Microsoft account but cannot do this while EE still have this subscription maintained. It's possible to remove the Add-on in contract (as per points 5 and 7), so surely it must be possible to cancel it once the contract is over?

I've been batted from pillar to post and wasted quite a few hours and a lot of stress trying to rectify something that should be an automatic process once my account/contract was terminated.

I do not consent to BT/EE having this access to my Microsoft account, was provided with misleading information (and a wild omission about what would happen after!).

As per the Consumer Rights Act 2015:

1. Goods and Services Must Be as Described: Section 11 of the Consumer Rights Act stipulates that goods and services must match their descriptions. When I was an EE customer, I understood that I would have the ability to easily cancel the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription upon termination of my EE contract. This understanding was a significant factor in my decision to engage with this service.

2. Goods and Services Must Be of Satisfactory Quality: Section 9 of the Consumer Rights Act requires that services be performed with reasonable care and skill. Unfortunately, my experience in attempting to cancel the subscription has not aligned with this standard. The difficulties I have faced and the ongoing subscription have caused undue inconvenience and stress.

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 124

Im sure they will see the post and contact you.

They are really helpful and reached out to MS on my behalf

It happened to me and i wished i hadnt even bothered with the free 12 months offer,you live and learn,but my account has now reverted back to MS and they gave me a 3 months game pass ultimate free.

Microsoft reached out to me in the end,but I dont believe it would of ever reverted back automatically if i hadn't bothered approaching BT,and it took around 2 months,but could be quicker now i have no idea.

Good luck

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 124

Hey Darren,

Thanks for letting me know - seems like a hopeful vibe here.

Been batted from pillar to post since April and if I'd known I wouldn't be able to remove it at the end, I would never have added that to my plan 😞

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 124

Good morning @Bev5,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us.

I am sorry that Microsoft haven't taken your account back yet. If you had of taken your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate through BT, we could have been able to look into this for you. However, you took this out with EE. Although we are part of the same family, or group, we are two separate companies at the moment. I would recommend contacting EE directly on their Community: EE Community for support.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 124

Hi Daniel,

I have also sent the information you requested but have not had any response so far

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 124

Hi @sliyk,

I am sorry that we haven't been able to get back to you yet.

We are a lot more busier than normal on the Community and it's taking us longer to get back to you.

I can see that you are in our queue and we will pick it up and do our best to help once we've caught up.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 124

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I had 6 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with BT, but it's been over a month since it's expired and auto-renewal is turned off. If I log in to microsoft.com, it says my Game Pass subscription is managed by BT and takes me to the BT website. Can you revert control so I can manage my subscription from Microsoft? Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings