cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Is this a scam message??

Go to solution

Hi i just need to know weather or not the below is a scam? I know longer have any bt products. All i have is a new ee broadband which i swt up through my mobile contact. So unsure why im receiving this message. Thanks

Hello, BT here. We're sorry to hear you want to leave us. There's 115.30 GBP to pay on your account for leaving BT. You'll also lose your BT Halo benefits. If you have any questions, please call us on 0800 678 1974. If we don't hear from you by 2pm on 12-Jul-2023, your move will go ahead as planned. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is this a scam message??

Go to solution

I looks geniue and that is a BT number.

Call 150 and ask - somebody may be trying to cancel the wrong number.

@Darren1989bwrote:

Hi i just need to know weather or not the below is a scam? I know longer have any bt products. All i have is a new ee broadband which i swt up through my mobile contact. So unsure why im receiving this message. Thanks

Hello, BT here. We're sorry to hear you want to leave us. There's 115.30 GBP to pay on your account for leaving BT. You'll also lose your BT Halo benefits. If you have any questions, please call us on 0800 678 1974. If we don't hear from you by 2pm on 12-Jul-2023, your move will go ahead as planned. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks will give this a try tomorrow? When i copied and pasted the number in to google. It has an overwhelming amount of people saying its a scam number. Thays why i checked here also

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

It says the number block is managed by BT - but it might not be them.

You should always call to a different number if you are never sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings