cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Leaving BT Broadband and Switching Provider

My contract was suppose end in March 15  and i was switch to another provider at March 18 , openreach also confirm the switch and sent me a text for that , however as today i still get BT notify me that i was charge and seems continue charge me for next month , however i digging in some old post said i seems do no need to contact BT if my contract end and switch provider , do i need to ring BT double confirm this or raise a complaint about this ?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Leaving-BT-Broadband-Switching-Provider/m-p/2193762

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Switching-Providers/m-p/2204412

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Leaving BT Broadband and Switching Provider

When you reach your fixed term end date you continue on a rolling monthly contract and can leave with month notice

Which broadband did you have fibre to your home FTTP. or fibre to cab and old copper to your home?

What did you switch to FTTP or FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Vodafone Full Fibre (FTTP)

so you means i still need to contract BT for leaving?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

What did you have with BT?  did you also port your phone number to Vodafone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I only have Full Fibre 100 with BT Halo 3 , i did not port my phone number to vodafone (i seems do not have number from BT)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I think that is the problem normally the termination of your broadband and phone  triggers BT that you have left and moved to another provider.  You then get letter saying sorry you are leaving and that start termination of your BT contract. As you had no phone to cancel on move to Vodafone then BT were unaware you had moved

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@imjolly Not having a phone number to port wouldn't cause this to happen.

@jingplus did an engineer visit to install a new line for the Vodafone service? 

I know they use the CityFibre network in some areas which is a separate network to the one BT uses and wouldn't have triggered a takeover order as it's not using the Openreach infrastructure. 

You'll need to speak with our loyalty team on 0800 800 150 to arrange for your BT services to be cancelled. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

From my understanding 
They are also using Openreach as when I order from them in before switch date Openreach did sent me sms notify me when it will have a change so I assume they also use openreach 

0 Ratings