cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Legal Name Change - Transgender

Go to solution

Hiya,

I've changed my legal name and title, and years ago, changed my details online, after transitioning male to female. However correspondence still is sent in my old name. 

Now i'm being moved to the new digital service, BT may contact me, as i'll need a new router, but they are still using my old name,

I'm reluctant to call customer services, as my experience is generally negative and i've heard that a simple name change can cause you to need a new contract and may even interrupt any broadband services, which I cannot afford as I work from home.

Is there an easy way to change my name on BTs systems, that is just that, it seems so simple, yet complicated.

Help appreciated, as i've seen other similar posts here, where it was completed on the forum by a BT admin.

Natalie

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Legal Name Change - Transgender

Go to solution

Hi, @natswright welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the negative experience you had when you previously contacted us. A legal name change on our records is a relatively simple process as long as you can pass the security validation checks. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks, PM sent to you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for allowing me the time to update your records and help with your account.

If you ever need help in the future, please, feel free to drop me a line.

Take care

DanielS

0 Ratings