Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

Exactly so.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 91

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

I've been trying to compose a reply along the lines of this one from @garybs29  but the flood of contributions to this tortuous thread keeps moving the emphasis. I'm a gimmick-dodger so don't get involved with things like LRS but can see that it's effectively a loan to BT of 11 units for which they repay 12 similar units by deductions from bills. All the rest is puff.

I wouldn't have used the phrase "All the rest is puff".  I would have said "All the rest is BS".

Message 43 of 91

Go to solution
beebee

I can see where you are coming from, some years ago from memory customers (me included) paid 11 months for line rental and got 12 months line rental free. This no longer applies, these days you pay a strangely named "Line Rental Saver" whereby you pay £219.84 upfront and get £19.99 for 12 months off your bill. This does not take into account the cost of line rental may go up.

The BT Consumer Price Guide clearly says:

Line Rental Saver

Pay in advance by debit/ credit card and get £19.99 discount
each month

Payable annually £219.84

It does not mean your £219,84 covers 12 month line rental element of a broadband package.

Message 44 of 91

Go to solution

allanraymond... Thanks for your explanation, it seems that the problem may be that previously  BT have accepted a prepayment of 11 months service for a 12 month service but have now changed the game rules to the prepayment being a purchase of 11 monthly credits of 19.99 to provide 12 monthly credits of 19.99 whilst at the same time the service being paid for, becoming liable to price increases mid term where it was not before. Perhaps given the depth of feeling shown on this forum, the problem is that BT did not commmunicate this "change"  properly. 

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 91

Go to solution

@ndg wrote:

the problem is that BT did not commmunicate this "change"  properly. 

Well, who would have thought it?🙄

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 46 of 91

Go to solution

Potty person........ simply trying to summarise the situation in everyday terms, without jargon, for people who are not experts on these matters as are others. Sarcasm does not help peoples' understanding of the situation ! 

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 91

Go to solution

I don't think Pottyperson is being sarcastic towards you.

I believe he is being sarcastic towards BT who seem to have a knack of complicating simple things beyond belief and failing to communicate clearly virtually everything to do with billing!

Message 48 of 91

Go to solution

But it isn't 11 units for which they repay 12. Because half way through the 11 that you thought you had paid for rise in price and the 12 unit does not. !

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 91

Go to solution

thanks alanraymond that makes more sense and you should get that explanation put on the bill. 

Happy to call it a day now.

Thank you all for your patience.at least I know how to use forum a little better now.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 91

Go to solution

beebee

** Edit ** I sent the response below before seeing your latest posting calling it a day.

ndg clarified by saying"purchase of 11 monthly credits of 19.99 to provide 12 monthly credits of 19.99."

I think you are getting confused by thinking you are paying for line rental where in fact you are getting £19.99 off your broadband package (which includes line rental). BT ideally should change the name "Line Rental Saver" to something more appropriate to reflect you paying an upfront cost to enable you to get £19.99 of your broadband package for 12 months.

0 Ratings