cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Mis-sold Broadband Package.

Hi,

Please be gentle. I'm not tech savvy and have joined to ask for help.

My Dad has been a BT customer for more than 10 years. Last July he was signed up to a new contract. I believe it is called fibre 100 with Halo 3. He pays £70 per month for this. Now. The issue here is that the property he lives in only has adsl copper wire to the property. The house is a cottage in the middle of fields. The nearest junction box is in the village a mile away.

I believe he has been sold a doozy here. I think someone has mis-sold him the package that he is now tied into til July 24.

How can I help him get off this package and onto the basic ads line and to stop him be charges £70 per month for something that he clearly cannot get!

Thank you for any help!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Mis-sold Broadband Package.

@Messyhead1 

What does it say for the property when entering the address here: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Post results back but exclude address 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Hello jac,

I have followed the link and entered the address. I have screen shot the info but I can't attach it to this post. I will ask my hubby for help.

On the info it says underneath that "FTTP is not available" and "The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme"

I will try and attach the screen shot.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Use the camera icon to post the dslchecker results 

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Thank you imjolly,

I think my file size is too big. I will try to figure out how to compress it a little.

Messy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

IMG-20230415-WA0002.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Use a free online optimise such as this. https://jpeg-optimizer.com/ 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

I think it's readable if you zoom in. I apologise. It's the best I can do on my ancient Samsung.

I hope you can all see the figures.

Messy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Fibre , in the form of FTTC ( fibre to the cabinet ) is shown as available, presumably you used the address checker rather than the phone number otherwise there would also be a ‘observed speed’ figure displayed.

Chances are it’s Fibre 1 with Halo not Fibre 100 as that isn’t available with FTTC 

The current price for Fibre 1 with a phone service ( presumably your father has what is now the optional phone service included ) is around £35, the price of Halo ( AFAIK) doesn’t double the price , is your relative outside any minimum term ?, or have they added something you are unaware of like BTTV with an add on like Sport ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Hello,

Yes, FTTC is probably available. But the cabinet is two miles from their property, across a main road, a river and many fields. There is no Fibre available in the village where they live. 

This is why I still believe they have been mis-sold the pacakage. I believe they are within their rights to request a downgrade to a lesser package?

Thank you,

Messy

0 Ratings