cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Misleading

A while back i left Virgin and came to BT , called them up and sorted a deal and got a new customer discount but right at the end of going through it all with the lady i asked about adding HD to the TV package and was told for £6 extra a month you can add it and as she had gone through all my bit to save her going through them again can i do it once its all been installed etc, NPs i can sort it later, now for what i order i had a email saying what all will cost me so £48.99 a month, after i had the install i called up and added HD and was told thats a extra £6 a month..ok £54.99, i left it at that, i just noticed as ive just had a email saying my bills going up that ive been paying £63.99 a month all this time so i got onto BT and after about an hour on the msg box texting on the pc was told that as i added the HD to my package i lost my new customer discount. now i was not told this at the time of taking out my contract and i spec you have a recording of it you can go through to check, this i FRAUD as far as im concerned , i left Virgin coz they were ripping me of now only to find out BT are no better.

I hope someone that can do something about this reads this and gets back to me and TBH right now if i wasnt in a 24 month contract i would cancel it on the spot as i feel ive been misled here in a big way.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Misleading

When you made the changes to your contract you should have received an email setting out the changes and cost and probably can be found if you go to MYBT - have you checked?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Not sure but this is something that I should have been told at the time when I took the contract out not that I can add it anytime for a extra £6 a month, nothing was said about losing my discount. 

Just a thought, if I order a film from a movie channel etc would that change my contract  as I've added something that I didnt order from the start ? .

It's very under handed and sneeky, and these companies wonder why customers leave all the time, I will be leaving after my 24 month contract is up for sure even if I have to pay more I eont be giving fraudulent companies like this my money. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Its not fraud, its incompetence and poor training.

I would be very wary of accusing companies of fraud on a public forum if I were you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

TBH I really don't care , I feel I've been sold something Fraudulently and misled from the start if getting  more money from me than  my contract email says I will be paying if that's not Fraud I don't no what is. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@Tim46 

Contact consumer resolutions and I'm sure they're resolve your problem. You'll have to search for the actual email address as it won't let me post it

I agree with @licquorice comment about training etc as I'm in a similar situation myself about a regrade.

Message 7 of 11

@Tim46 

Adding the "HD Extra" should have zero impact on any deal you have agreed, all extras are just that, extras that can be added and removed on a monthly basis.

EE TV allows you extra add-ons that you can add or remove from your package on a monthly basis. These include NOW Sports, NOW Cinema, Netflix or our HD extra which allows you to watch any HD enabled channel in your selected package in high definition for stunning picture quality.

You just need to ring up and get it sorted.

Sadly, poor training/knowledge and back office systems cause many issues when dealing with BT, but this level of "customer service" should be normal to you if you are coming from Virgin Media. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 8 of 11

Well according  to them it did and I lost my £5 a month for24 month discount when I added HD . I should tell them take my HD off and give me back my discount. 

Very sad day with BT for me, not impressed at all .

£5 a month might not be sh## to them but it is to me it adds up. 

Maybe should have stayed with Virgin .. Better the Devil you no. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@Tim46 The correct process of adding HD addon to an existing TV pack is the additional charge for the addon , the base price of the TV package should not change. So the initial advice that you could add the Hd addon at a later date was correct (£6 would have been the correct price at that time)

The base price of the package would change if you flexed within the minimum term to a different base package where you would be charged the standard price for your new base package  (ie any discount for the original package would end),

The base price of the package woukl also increase wef 31st March by the RPI +3.9% .

(Add ons including HD addon would typically increase at that time as well).

Message 10 of 11

Well the base price did change by £5 as I lost my 24 month £5 new customer discount. 

They cond me.

Like I said I hope someone higher up in the BT  chain reads this and reaches out to me as this is wrong. 

0 Ratings