Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Moved from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2... but no difference

Go to solution

Hi @Bungaroosh

Thank you for getting in touch.

I tried calling you back this morning and I am sorry I wasn't able to reach you.  I have sent you a message privately and I'll follow up with you again as confirmed in the message 😊

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Bungaroosh

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

I am really pleased I could help you get this sorted out.  You were in a banded profile on the downstream (which is the reason your download was at 55Mbps but the upload was on the 20Mbps profile).

I have removed the banded now and gave you back the full 80/20 profile.  Good to see your downstream speed is moving in the right direction 👆 😁

You may experience some drops (retrains) over the next little while which is normal.  Everything will eventually settle at the fastest speed the line supports.

I'll go ahead and close this off from here too, as agreed.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

That's brilliant Robbie.

Thanks again so much for your help. I really appreciate the conscientiousness of you and your colleagues here, going far above and beyond the responses from BT online chat customer support ..!

Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

Not sure whether I need to open a new thread ... but I'm the original poster of this.

Things haven't really improved much ... and I've noticed slowness in websites loading the past week or two.

These are the latest stats (I'm still on Fibre 2):

BT line 2.pngBT line 3.png

The above speed test is what I get at any time of day, even off-peak quieter times, like now (11am).

Nothing has changed with the setup, and the phone line is very quiet with no crackling or anything.

Any pointers gratefully received!

Many thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

as requested previously you need to post the stats from your SH2 - there is no SH3 - by going to hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information (not the actual logs)  this will help people help you

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution
I have a Home Hub 3.0 Type B.

As stated on another thread (the link to which no longer works) "there are no stats of any type shown on the hub3 when used on infinity as they are held on the modem which is locked by Openreach".
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

your stats look like vdsl - fibre to street cab and copper form there to your home not FTTP - fibre to your home

are you for some reason using a modem and the HH3?

if just HH3 like expected then

From http://192.168.1.254

Settings ->
Advanced Settings >
Broadband >
Connection >
Click "Show Details" Button at the bottom

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

This is the set-up:

I have a rather ancient Openreach DSL modem(? -- a white box) and a BT Home Hub 3.0. They both work perfectly however, and I have no reason or desire to replace them and create yet more electronic junk. But ... while I can log in to it (I have somehow remembered the admin password), I cannot find how to to get meaningful hub stats from it as others have posted in their threads (data rate etc.)

On another, no-longer-accessible post, someone said that you can't get the detailed stats as:
"there are no stats of any type shown on the hub3 when used on infinity as they are held on the modem which is locked by Openreach".

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

the original dslchecker results showed down speed at 55mb whereas the recent results showed speed not at 60mb

it may be time to ditch the old openreach modem BT hh3 and get more up to date HH6 or maybe SH2 ( hh6 better for your vdsl)

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

@RobbieMac helped with this previously.

Robbie, I wonder if you can tell what is going on? Is this really just down to an old (but functioning) modem and hub?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings