cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Moving Home/Open Reach don’t recognise address

Moving home to a new build which has a BT Openreach Fibre box installed. Despite this BT will not allow me to transfer existing account to new home. The new address is recognised on MyBT but at moving home section they say to call BT.  When you call they can’t resolve and have now said address not listed with BT Openreach so can’t do anything and cannot offer advice or timescale. Can’t understand this as BT Openreach have installed a box as I mentioned and the address appears to registering elsewhere and with BT?  Meantime I will end up paying for a service I can’t access when I do move soon. Anyone help? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moving Home/Open Reach don’t recognise address

Is the address & postcode 100% correct on the Royal Mail database & also here?

If both are good try the availability checker here & see what results you get. Feel free to post a screenshot but edit out the address first.

The ONT was likely installed by the developer rather Openreach, so possibly not connected to anything.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Royal Mail and link 100% correct and this comes up on the link you sent…
We cannot determine broadband availability at this location. This may be a new address to which connectivity is not yet complete.
The developer doesn’t understand why there is a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

What lights are on in the ONTont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Not sure would have to check. Still in the process of moving and not in the new flat at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Is this a ground up new build or a conversion? If the latter we've seen examples where the original property address has conflicted with the new & Flats A, B & C have been renamed 1,2 & 3.

When you enter a postcode in the availability checker you would normally be presented with a list of addresses served by that postcode. Does that happen or is that where you see the message you reported?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Complete new build and address in drop downs

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Then are there any other variations of your address as I alluded to?

Have you tried the other flats in the block to see what's returned for those?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

No I have tried. I haven’t spoke to neighbours as they are moving in but the developers indicated no other issues raised.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

You don't need to speak to neighbours, just select their flat number on the availability checker instead of your own.

0 Ratings