cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Moving

I'm moving into my dad's. He has BT broadband as do I at my previous address.  For a long winded reason I'm taking over his account as a house move.

Do I bring my hub from my old address or use his?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moving

You can not take over a BT account. You father would need to cancel his BT Broadband account or you could have your account as a separate BT Broadband package along side your father's.

If your father is cancelling his broadband he will most likely need to send his equipment back to BT unless he was issued with it prior to 13th December 2019. You would need to take your equipment.

See link.

How to return and recycle your BT equipment for free | BT Help

Be aware that he will lose his phone number and may also be liable for cancellation charges if he is terminating his contract early.

Leaving BT | BT Help

Message 3 of 7

Yes sorry I didn't word it well trying to be brief. My dad's is cancelled and my service is being moved to here. It was cheaper to do it that way.

So do I bring my hub from previous address and plug in to dad's house? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

yes as BT will probably ask to father to return his hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

As per paragraph two in my first reply "If your father is cancelling his broadband he will most likely need to send his equipment back to BT unless he was issued with it prior to 13th December 2019. You would need to take your equipment".

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Ok ok, I didn't see that bit

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Neeziewrote:

So do I bring my hub from previous address and plug in to dad's house? 

Yes, when moving house take your hub and any other equipment provided, for example a TV box.

Your father will need to send his equipment back and a returns kit will be provided free of charge.

0 Ratings