cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Multiple Accounts

Go to solution

I have multiple accounts, one old and one new. How do I close/get rid of the old one? I can only access the billing details of my new account and therefore I cannot access my new package on Discovery + App?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Multiple Accounts

Go to solution

I had a similar issue until recently so used the ''help''section on my BT:

Help>>contact BT>>account and billing>>Broadband

Then click on ''message us'' explain your situation and a BT employee will sort out your accounts for you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Multiple Accounts

Go to solution

thanks Andrew - after a long and ultimately pointless chat on the "botchat"  last night I was eventually given a number to call but at that point the helpline was closed for the night. The result from my conversations this morning with two very helpful BT employees is that my entire BTID has been cancelled (interestingly I had to change my billing preference to "online and paper" before the system would allow the cancellation to take place) and I have to wait 24hrs before setting it up again with just my new account. The (recurring) problem for numerous customers is seemingly a result of poor data cleansing (GDPR issue perhaps?) of old accounts which despite being closed have not been deleted from the system.

0 Ratings