cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

My BT showing old and new account

Go to solution

Have tried on several occasions via 150 to sort this problem
I now seem to have 2 different BT IDs, none of which give me the correct information for my account

Basically I just want the old account on my BT ID to be removed and also have the name (XXXXXXXXXX)
e.g. GB1234567890 - XXXXXXXXXX
removed from my new account in the drop down or change it to something more meaningful which is not the name of my house on the old account

Please help

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: My BT showing old and new account

Go to solution

Try contacting the billing team who should be able to help you

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hello,

when you added your new account to your BT ID you should of been asked to make it your primary account, this Will be your default account and to give it a name (this can be changed in the account settings afterwards anyways).

you can add multiple accounts to your BT ID.

I also recommend reaching out to BT to get the unwanted account removed, if it cannot be done on the day of contact not to worry they can send it off to be actioned within 5 working days.

I don’t believe there is a self serve alternative to remove unwanted accounts.

I hope this help!

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have contacted BT several times and no-one is ever able to remove the old account

The last person asked my to sign up for a new email and then create a new BT ID using that.  Then I was to add the good account number and then change the BT ID to my normal email (I do not want to use the temporary new email). It doesn't let me change the email as a BT ID already exists with that email.

So now it's a complete mess which I need sorted

I have tried the option to change the name shown on the accounts drop down several times, but when I save the change it still shows the old name

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Blarm1959,

I am sorry that this hasn't been sorted for you yet.

We can help remove the old account and if it's not something that we can do, we will raise it with our developers for them to remove it for you. This can take a few working days for them to correct it but we will let you know more once we've had a look at it first.

I'm going to send you a private message that you can reply back to my team on.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Blarm1959

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me today. 

I am really pleased I could help remove the old account and resolve the issues you were having with your BTID.  I'll go ahead and close this off from here as agreed.

Take care and happy new year 🙂

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings