cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Need BT to release my Xbox account

Go to solution

My free Xbox Game Pass subscription ended in Jan 2023, but Microsoft still shows that BT controls my subscription, so I need it to be released please. Can someone here help?

Tagging @SeanD , @DavidM , @PaddyB , @DanielS , @NeilO as I have seen you have been able to resolve this for other customers, hope you can help me too please.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need BT to release my Xbox account

Go to solution

Hi @sbaishya

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having managing your Xbox subscription.  When you log into your BTID, in the content partner section, you'll be able to turn off auto renew for the Xbox Game Pass.  Once the date passes and auto renew expires, you should then be able to manage your Xbox Game Pass with Microsoft.

Have a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@RobbieMac Thanks for replying.

I already did that back in Dec 2022, and the subscription expired in Jan 2023, but Microsoft are still showing it as controlled by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @sbaishya

In that case, I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details as we'll need to look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Now resolved thanks to @RobbieMac  and @StuartH 

For the benefit of others, I redeemed a 1 month Game Pass Ultimate subscription code at redeem.microsoft.com and it removed BT control of the subscription.

May be worth trying if you have the same issue.