cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New BT contract

Have just taken out a new contract, the contract before was in my Wifes name, but i can not find any thing on My BT regarding my account or account number, when i go on my BT all that comes up is my Wifes account details. many thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New BT contract

@maxsam 

Has your wife`s broadband service now been ceased, or is she just out of contract with BT?

Bear in mind that BT are on strike today, so no orders will be updated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes thank you, yes both phone and broadband stopped, as with contract, we did it, the reason being so the contract would be in my name so i could get Home Essentials.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Have been trying to get Home Essentials for the last month given them all essential info, still no J

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Re: Have been trying to get Home Essentials for the last month given them all essential info, still

did you check that you qualify for home essentials - remember the BT account and benefit claimant must be the same. 

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 9

Re: Have been trying to get Home Essentials for the last month given them all essential info, still

yes did all that, and yes i do qualify, and the account and the benefit are both in my name. thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

hello, no the broadband is up and running as is the phone line, and I am now the account holder. thanks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

did you follow the link I posted and select existing BT customer and follow it through  should enable you to order if eligibility check ok

if still problems then phone CS 150 or  0330 1234 150 from mobile and they should be able to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 9

Hello. yes have done all you said, I am now dealing with Consumer- Resolution team @bt.com. My Home Essentials package should have been acctivated 19/12/2022 but has not, Person from there phoned today and said there is still problems, being going on now over 3 months, now he will phone me 30 dec, what to do? thanks
0 Ratings