cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

New Customer and your contact option sare not providing a good experience

On the 7th of September 2022 - Your People  came to attempt  to connect my Broadband - Service. Unfortunately  due to a problem with the cable they were Unable to do so.  They informed me they would have to raise the issue  for it to be passed to open Openreach , I believe this has been done.

However since then I have had No communication  at all about what is happening  nor any intended  time table, I have been without  a service nor a phone service  now since the 7th . Your communications system is an exercise in futility and frustration basically all your options   to contact you via online chat - end up at phone us.

I am seriously  regretting  my choice of  your service and would like to know   what is happening.

Order reference: **Edited**

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: New Customer and your contact option sare not providing a good experience

this is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT

Please delete vol number for your security

which type of package have you ordered - FTTC - fibre to cabinet and copper to home or FTTP fibre to your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

OK thank you for the prompt answer however it is not clear that this is NOT a BT forum as they link directly here when you try and contact,

So it seems there is No way of contacting them.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

you can phone BT CS 150 or 0800800150 from a mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thank you for your help but I am going to take my custom elsewhere -  because despite Me  calling them last week and  (to be fair ) the staff member  arranging for open reach  (I guess ) to come out  later this week  I have know received an email saying  as per MY instructions we have cancelled the order and they want their  kit back.

I am not impressed  I have been without coms now since the 7th and have received no communication  without me having to chase up  matters , How do I seek compensation?

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

On the compensstion if it was a delayed activation you'll be entitled to the automatic compensation up until the day you cancelled the order. Also you are aware that unless you go to Virgin (or someone else who uses their own network) you've just put yourself at the back of the openreach queue again with no guarantee the same issue won't happen with another provider

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

the automatic compensation for delay is calculated to day your service activated.  as you have cancelled order there is no automatic compensation

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I have not cancelled the order BT cancelled the order without notification. However due to the way BT staff have treated me over this issue in the last few days the matter has been refereed to my solicitor for legal action under the disabilities act.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Good luck with that

0 Ratings