cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Nightmare situation ordering Fibre 2 broadband

I am facing a real horrible situation trying to order Fibre 2 broadband to my new rental address.

Package order: Fibre 2 broadband for 29.99£ 24 months contract

First order placed on 3rd April got Auto ceased with initial Go Live commitment on the 19th April.

Called the advisor and was told to place a new order  so a second order placed on the 5th April go live was pushed to 21st April, also got auto ceased. 

A third order was placed after consultation with the advisor on 6th April after he told me that maybe the order was not processed properly so this time he added a digital voice package and placed the order which got Auto ceased again.

After calling BT they told me to replace the order again so yesterday with new  Go Live date of 28th April,again i placed the order with broadband only naturally it also got auto ceased.

Now each and every time i place an order the agents ask me to pay a security deposit of 20£. Now i am left with no broadband and 100£ spent on deposits for 4 orders i placed via phone and 1 order i placed in Shop in person.

I am new to UK so i am just wonder what is going on here why is it such a hassle to get a normal broadband. Appreciate if someone can shed some light on the issue and help me out with this terrible situation. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Nightmare situation ordering Fibre 2 broadband

Are you sure fibre 2 is available to you?  Enter your address and post results 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

Do you know if the previous occupant is porting their phone number to a new ISP as that will stop your order until the porting is completed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@imjolly Thank you for your reply. I was told by the sales that Fibre 2 is available.

Below is the results i got from broadband checker. I am not aware of what the previous tenant did as they have moved out of UK and landlord is not able to get a hold of them.

Just to update the 5th Order which i placed today has also been auto ceased while i was assured by the tech team that the order will not get ceased as there is a complaint attached to it.

Regards,Broadband checkerBroadband checker
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

From what you have posted fibre 2 is available to you and there is no waiting list 

Is there an existing openreach phone so let in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

There is an Openreach port in the flat but no physical phone IMG_2811.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi, @robin_samuel21 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the problems you've experienced getting an order for broadband placed. It sounds like our suppliers are cancelling the order and we'll need to understand why it's not being accepted and get that fixed. 

I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team and we'll be happy to get this looked into.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings