cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

OpenReach (EE, BT, Sky) keeps cancelling my broadband order

I've moved into a newly renovated apartment in central London on the 9th of January. Signed up with EE broadband as I already had my mobile with them.

I ordered broadband only on Jan/10 with EE. I was given an engineer visit date of Jan/24. On the date, I got this SMS.

Hi from EE. Your broadband order is progressing but it is taking longer than expected. However we're working on it, so there's no need to call us. We'll contact you again on 25/01/2023 with further updates. Thanks.

I called them on the 26th and asked what happened here because I haven't been contacted. They said OpenReach cancelled the order and this case is now closed. I was very confused. Asked why but the agent couldn't answer either. We ended up creating another order on the phone together.

3 days later, EE called again to say there's an exception with my order and they need my permission to restart it. I just said I approve and the agent hung up.

Right after this, I decided to sign up with Sky broadband. Maybe they could get an engineer here to install a line to a central London house.

I signed up for Sky, and then the next day, got the following SMS:

Unfortunately we are unable to complete your order. Please contact us at 03442 410046 to discuss further.

When I called, the agent had no idea that this order was having issues. I was put on hold for 20 minutes and then the agent told me my order was cancelled. The agent had to manually re-register the request. However this time, the agent said it will be £7 more expensive per month than what I originally signed up for. This sounded like a scam so I asked the agent to cancel everything altogether.

Then I signed up with BT on Feb/6. The website said they will just activate my service without requiring an engineer visit. They sent me the BT SmartHub in the mail and I was happy. On Feb/13, my order got cancelled. I received an email saying an OpenReach engineer will come and visit me on Feb/17. On Feb/14, that order got cancelled too. I was confused. I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I called BT, they apologised and put me on hold for another 10 minutes. The person on the phone transferred me to some other agent. The new agent told me he doesn't understand either and they will call me back in 48 hours. I wasn't satisfied with this answer so I called again. After explaining the issue, I got transferred to yet another agent. This agent recreated the order and manually registered an OpenReach engineer visit for Feb/23. I am pretty sure this is going to get cancelled too and it seems like BT, EE, Sky and OpenReach are all having a communication problem.

I've asked the agent to file a complaint for me but I don't think that is going to change anything. I believe there is something wrong with one of the backend services of OpenReach, causing this order to get cancelled without human intervention and that's why agents are so confused.

All of these orders were brodband only. I don't want a landline. Does anyone have any reason to think that's causing a problem?

How do I get internet in my flat? Did anyone have a similar experience?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: OpenReach (EE, BT, Sky) keeps cancelling my broadband order

@celikk 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

I think you have caused a lot of confusion placing orders with various ISPs all of which use openreach so if one ISP say cancelled by openreach the result will be same for all

is you address correct on royal mail database?

try entering your address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 09.43.48.jpeg

According to this, my address supports all modern standards right? Maybe there is something wrong at the distribution box coming into my flat. What can we do with this information?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Hi, thanks for checking. RoyalMail address is correct. Also haven't had any problems where deliveries failed to find my address. It's a regular central London address.

I didn't place multiple orders at the same time. I initially placed an order with EE and that kept getting cancelled. Then went to Sky and then BT.

Even if there were multiple orders at the same time, you would think one of the broadband providers would get a response back from OpenReach saying there is a duplicate order right?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

@celikk 

I have asked a moderator to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Hi @celikk, sorry you've had trouble with your orders to get connected.

When was your order placed with us and have you received any order confirmation?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Please read the original post before replying:

Then I signed up with BT on Feb/6. The website said they will just activate my service without requiring an engineer visit. They sent me the BT SmartHub in the mail and I was happy. On Feb/13, my order got cancelled. I received an email saying an OpenReach engineer will come and visit me on Feb/17.

Yes. I have received order confirmation emails.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Hi @celikk, sorry for any confusion. I was referring to when you called after this order was cancelled to get the new order placed.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to check how your order is progressing.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

I have contacted BT agents yesterday last. Feb/14. Thanks for clarifying your question.

I didn't contact them again because agents were not able to see the reason for cancellation. They were not able to help.

0 Ratings