cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Options when FTTP installed when FTTP already in place

Morning all!

I'm hoping someone can help me please. I currently have FTTC fibre 2 as a package with BT. I'm in contract until May 2024. 

Sometime this summer (2023) Openreach will install FTTP. 

What happens? Will an ONC be installed free of charge and I'll continue with fibre 2 (but seeing a better speed, what is the theoretical cap for fibre 2?). Or will I need to wait until May 2024 to look at packages so I'm not charged the remainder of my contract , or is it likely BT will send me some kind of offer that let's me out of my fibre 2 contact as long as I upgrade with them? 

Thanks!

James

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Options when FTTP installed when FTTP already in place

once FTTP is available to you then you don't have to change to FTTP you can just maintain your existing contract or you can upgrade to FTTP and either keep similar package or upgrade to a faster package but that will mean starting a new contract.  you can upgrade anytime after FTTP is available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, will I be able to roll my contract on to fttp or will I need to start anew? Neither is an issue, but if I face a penalty for early termination of my FTTC contact it means I'll need to wait to 2024 to upgrade. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You will start a new contract but there will be no penalty for terminating the old contract as it will still be with BT rather than a different provider.

Message 5 of 6

While I have the attention of multiple readers!

As a shiny new fttp customer ID is it likely there will be sl sending me decent offers for packages, or will it be standard ones available on the BT web page? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

When you get FTTP available then phone the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see what deal you can negotiate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings