cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Out of contract/ New customer price difference!

Hi all, 

I am just checking I'm not being totally daft here... 

My Fibre 900 contract runs out today so I am out of contract. I'm happy to drop to the 500mb Fibre option to save some money and as I don't really need the 900mb now I'm not wfh as much. 

So... I see that the offer on the website for new customers for 500mb Fibre is 30.99. As I'm out of contract I thought if I ring BT they'll be able to offer me this. However when I rang the lowest price they will offer me for this identical contract is £64.99!

How can that be right? More than double the price? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I have no choice really but to cancel and go elsewhere because of the ridiculous price difference. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Out of contract/ New customer price difference!

Yup, Vodafone doing pretty much the very same thing is why I'm here now.  If you phone them up, talk to them, and they won't budge the only thing you can do is either stump up the cash or move.  Just make sure you have all your info to hand before you make the call.  Vodafone wouldn't even have had to beat the price I was offered by BT, but they weren't even in the same ballpark!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @mjglory   The price difference is normally Halo. Do you currently have Halo as BT are extremely reluctant to take it off.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, 

Yes I have the 900mb full Fibre with halo 3. 

I asked if I could cancel and then sign up again as a new customer to get the cheaper price and the guy on the phone seemed to think that would work although I'd have up to 2 weeks with no internet. 

What a farce. I think I may just have to join plusnet or virgin. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @mjglory   I committed to moving, and started the switch. Within 24 hours BT called and beat the new ISP price. I now have no Halo and with the same broadband/calling plan and I am saving over 60% per month.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Sounds great. I am looking now and have found a deal with onestream that will save me £40 a month. I think I'm going to go for this one. 

Shame BT don't appreciate long term customers. 

0 Ratings