cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Over two months and my contract is still not cancelled.

BT wanted to renew my contract from Halo 2 to Halo 3, but I cancelled the following day as per my legal right. I received a new router but I never opened the box and I am still using my old router and WiFi discs from the Halo 2 package.

It's now been two months, many, many phone calls, chats etc and I am still on the 24 month Halo 3 contract when it should have been reverted back to the Halo 2 and now as an out-of-contract package.

Customer service has been horrific. There are no emails to contact either and I am not going to join a social media platform like Twitter/X in order to contact BT. BT keep promising they will fix this, escalate it etc, but nothing happens.

I have now received an email threatening £30 per wi-fi disc if I don't return them. No mention of the new router though. I never received any new discs.

I've just been on hold for over 20 minutes to get through to the "Values" team and it just hung up on me. I was in the middle of a chat at the same time with Sk Monirul and it suddenly disconnect me. Seriously?

I really don't want to be with BT anymore as this has been nothing but stress.

Is there anyone at BT who can actually deal with this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Over two months and my contract is still not cancelled.

Same. contract cancelled and paid final bill. but i get those threatening emails re the kit

ive not had a bag arrive, and i dont have half the kit it mentions. didnt have unbreakable, simply because no mobile signal in this area other than vodafone. 

The bottom of the email states....
Haven't received your returns bag?
We'll send you another one, free of charge. All you need to do is log in to My BT and select Return your kit.

well if someone can find the return your kit area then i'd be amazed, just been through every menu and nothing. and frankly not wasting my life on incessant BT calls, being passed from one area to another then hung up on. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It's crazy how bad BT is. The worst thing is always having to call, so you have no proof of what is said. I do not think that is just a coincidence. They claim they record everything, but that's not much good for the customer. Also, you can't even stop payment because it will wreck your credit file.

I'm done with BT now. I thought Virgin were bad, but this is a whole new level or shoddy customer service. By law I have two weeks to cancel a contract. I cancelled this the following day (and it was still two months before my original contract ended). So by not cancelling the new contract BT are breaking the law. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Well, I had a promising call today with a BT employee called Chidiebere, who actually seemed to be trying to do something about this.

However, despite being promised that I would receive a phone call from BT this evening to finally sort this, guess what? Yep, no phone call.

So, it turns out that Mathew is the BT employee who did not cancel the contract the day after I called in to cancel it, which was within my 14 day cooling off period. His manager, Ryan, has done nothing about this either.

Both of them were contacted in writing today by Chidiebere to call me this evening and I was copied in on this. 

It's been two months... goodness knows how many phones calls to various people and online chats where I have to explain the whole affair each and every time and this is still not sorted. 

How can so many people in so many departments be so incompetent? 

What else can I do now, Ofcom? Reviews show them to be pretty useless. Social Media and shout from the rooftops? Should I see if the mainstream media are interested due to BT breaking the law? 

Does anyone know why BT have become so bad?

0 Ratings