cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Personal Broadband Deals

I've checked my personal deals and the first offer is for Fibre Halo 3+ for £5 more, which I don't want. And then below this is the following screenshot. It correctly states that my current contract ends 6 March 2025, but then goes on to state the monthly total, circled in red, as "£39.99 a month for 24 months Increases 31 March 2025". So what does it mean:

1. Does it mean that my current price isn't being increased this year? But I've received the BT email saying it is being increased on 31 March 2024.
  2. Is this an offer? But there isn't a button to click on to order it.
  3. Will it be automatically applied? But BT can't change my current contract without my agreement.
  4. Badly worded/layout web page?

Has any one else seen this in their personal offers?

Screenshot 2024-03-09 194156.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Personal Broadband Deals

Mine's similar @David500 , but if you scroll down it says "The broadband deals shown above are subject to an increase of CPI+3.9% from 31 March 2024."

It could be written / presented much clearer but .....

In short, I think the answers to 1, 2 and 3 are No and Yes to 4.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Andy005  Thanks for confirmation and I agree it’s 4. When I, and others, re-contracted in March 2023 the price wasn’t increased on the 31 March 2023, so they have changed it this year, but for new customers who start in March don’t have their prices increased until 31 March 2025.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Checked my offers today and it’s still showing the same “offer” as in post #1. Could a moderator please check if this is a valid offer or just bad coding on the website page?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@David500 

the mods are really busy just now and last post was it was taking 5 working days for mods to answer your problem after completing PM

you would be quicker phoning retentions 08007831401 and see what you can negotiate and check if offer valid

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@imjolly  Thanks for your reply. I've just phoned retentions and they can't do that price, he also checked with his manger who also couldn't match it.

I was already aware that the current response time for the mods was 5 days so wasn't expecting a quick reply so I'm happy to wait in the cue.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Mine's the same so just the latest example of BT's inability to co-ordinate the consumption of alcohol in the place where it's fermented...

0 Ratings