cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Phone number for vulnerable customer escalation?

My elderly next door neighbour is now quite frail and relies on her phone in the case of emergencies. She lives on her own as her husband passed away recently.

Her landline has developed a fault and she's very worried about having an accident in the house and not being able to call anyone (her husband was hospitalised a few times before passing for similar reasons so they had to call an ambulance out). Unfortunately she's not mobile savvy. We're keen to try escalate on her behalf but only seem to be able to get automated responses by text.

We've tried calling the number on the BT vulnerable person page (0800 919 591) but just seem to get the standard IVR without any opportunity to speak to someone or raise the issue. We're not sure if she's flagged as a vulnerable customer, but suspect that she isn't. Any ideas on how to escalate?

We don't want to be set up as a secondary owner on her account - just try to get her phone fault fixed asap. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Elliott

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone number for vulnerable customer escalation?

Hi @elliottscott

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to see your elderly neighbour's service has developed a fault.  I understand how important it is for the service to be available for her in case of an emergency.  Has the fault been reported?  Normally there is a 2 day lead time for repair.

The helpdesk number is 0330 1234 150.  That would be the quickest way to get the fault raised.  Do you want to try that and post back to let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. Yes, the fault has been raised. I was keen to try to flag to BT that the fault was for a vulnerable person (that probably wasn't identified as a vulnerable person), rather than a run-of-the-mill fault.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I get you now @elliottscott

Sorry for the confusion.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings