cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Possible wrong install?

Go to solution

Hi

I've recently signed up for bt home essential broadband which will be active on 23rd.

Yesterday I received a text from openreach saying they will install full fibre at my property on that day.

I signed up for home essentials and not full fibre.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Possible wrong install?

Go to solution

@Mark_1976 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

The method of delivering your service has nothing to do with the broadband package you ordered, it has no affect on the price.

Its quite possible that your address is now direct fibre only.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

It may say its a FTTP priority address.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

If your exchange is Full Fibre priority then you will get Full Fibre, regardless of the package you order. So you're (hopefully) getting Home Essentials, just delivered over Full Fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Any reason you wouldn’t want a future proof FTTP installation ? , when FTTP is available it becomes the default method for new or recontracting customers on Openreach , so although you may be happy with the copper pair line , the opportunity to move the address onto FTTP  is taken 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you for replying,  I am currently with zen internet using a fttp connection which will end on the 20th.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@Mark_1976 

I am sure you meant FTTC (copper) with Zen, not FTTP (direct fibre), otherwise it would mean you already have full fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I do have full fibre with zen internet but my contract ends on the 20th.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Then there would be no need for a visit, BT will send you a Smart Hub 2 to replace the ZEN router. You just connect that to the ONT instead of the Zen router.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Do you have an Openreach branded ONT? I believe Zen also use AltNets, so it's possible you're currently connected to one of those. If that were the case then you would need a second Openreach installation for the BT service.

Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

It could be Cityfibre I suppose, in that case it will all need changing, and a new fibre routing set up.

0 Ratings