cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Prices of BT full fibre, cutomer for 40 years

Hi all

Will be ordering full fibre at end of May, currently have Bt Halo with landline and 700 mins calling plan.

As I know with FF you now have the choice of not having landline, in this case if we wanted to keep landline we would go digital at the same time.

So our decision is get rid of landline and not go digital and just have FF.

Have seen prices on BT site  FF 100 is 150mb for £29.99 - FF 500  is 500MB is £34.99 - FF 900 is 900mb is £44.99.  Do you  actually get the megabytes you pay for or is it a proportion of it?

Are there any hidden add ons other than a booster package at £5 a month by choice, to be honest not sure about that, anyone have the booster and does it make any difference?  Also Ive not checked but couldnt you just buy one from Amazon?

I was told by BT that a booster could help rooms that do you not receive a good signal,  currently we have perfect signal throughout house and garden so surely FF would be better signal than BT Halo so why advertise boosters?

Look forward to your replies x

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Prices of BT full fibre, cutomer for 40 years

@Mattiesmomma 

I'm on FF500 and that's what I get at my hardwired PC and pretty close to that on my iPhone 11 on the 5gHZ band but fairly close to my router - not a BT Hub btw.

The main point about these speeds is that it's the total bandwidth available to your household and then shared by your users/devices.

As for boosters/access points I can't say as with my router in the centre of our 1926 solid wall house the reception is pretty good everywhere including about 50ft into the garden.

I will add that I don't really need the 500Mbs but I got the free upgrade to FF100 and later tried to renegotiate my contract to avoid the April increase but that got in a bit of a mess as on the phone I was given a price for FF300 but after accepting that the computer said no to a discount I was offered and via the complaints system I got FF500 at the price I had agreed for FF300.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Prices of BT full fibre, cutomer for 40 years

With full fibre there is no adjustment for line length , line quality etc. , you get the sync speed you pay for , apart from FF100 , which is actually 150Mb so more than you would expect , throughput speed can vary that’s why a minimum speed guarantee is given.

As far as WiFi signal strength, there is no reason why ,  the new router will be any different to  the current one , but if you don’t want ‘Digital Voice’ anyway it’s possible your existing hub may be OK anyway as if it’s FTTP ready but doesn’t have a phone  port , as you probably won’t take DV that’s not important, if your existing hub isn’t compatible with FTTP ( it depends on what type you have ) the new hub should be fine , obviously if you don’t extra WiFi access points , don’t get them .

0 Ratings