cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Process When Leaving for Broadband Only Provider

Go to solution

Hello

I'll be out of contract in a few days, and I'm considering my options, including whether to move to a provider that doesn't offer a phone service as part of their package, as we barely use the landline.

I understand if I place an order, the new provider would contact BT to tell them of the move. However am I correct in thinking that if they don't offer a phone service, the phone service would just be ceased? For information, we're on FTTP with Digital Voice.

What I'm really getting at is, I want to make absolutely sure the landline would just cease, and there wouldn't be any further charges or contract implications resulting from moving the broadband service only.

Many thanks for any replies.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Process When Leaving for Broadband Only Provider

Go to solution

If you move to a new provider, BT won't know or care whether you have voice with the new provider or not. All of your services with BT will cease.

You can have broadband only with BT, you don't have to change provider. The savings for not having a landline aren't huge in any case, no more than £5/m max

You can't possibly have BT Digital Voice without BT broadband in any case.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply.

I understand some people have been offered a recontract without phone for a cheaper price, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for me when looking at the offers section of my account. Removing the phone element doesn't result in any change in recontract price.

I'm also very wary of another 24 month contract, so I'll continue to consider my options.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @ParkGuy99  have you spoken with the loyalty team yet? They'll possibly be able to offer you a retention deal if you're considering other providers. They can be reached on 0800 783 1401

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi

No, I haven't spoken to them yet. Thanks for the number. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings