cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: I need a two old account numbers removed from my BT ID

Hi Daniel,

I am having the exact same issue as the person above. I spoke to BT customer service but they told me I have to address it here with a moderator like yourself. Would you be able to help me with this issue?

Kind regards,

Sam Browett

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @sambrowett Is it an old closed account that is also linked to your BTID?

If so you can set up another BTID with an email address that has not been used as a BTID before and it will work ok. 
If you don't have another email address you can use let me know.. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me. The other account that I want removed from my BT ID is an account I used to use at a previous address. I believe it is still active at that address (it is showing that it was billed this month) but I don't live there anymore. 

Okay, I would be happy to set up a new BT ID but then how do I get my account transferred to the new BT ID?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @sambrowett, thanks for posting back. 
If you create a BTID with a different email address at Create BT ID and claim the account holder status it'll will take you through the journey to transfer your new account to that BTID.

In relation to your previous address is there a reason you've not called and cancelled this service as you'll still be getting charged if you've not closes the account?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi John,

Okay I will attempt to to create the new BT ID and have the account transferred. 

I did indeed try to call and close the previous account (although as I said I believe the account is still being used) but they said that the account is set up with my BT ID email address but it is not actually in my name so I don't have the right to close it. 

Sam

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi John,

So I just carried out what you suggested - I made a new BT ID with a different email address then I clicked add account and typed in the account number of my new account. 

However bizarrely it has transferred over the other account from my previous address! Please can you advise, this is becoming very frustrating. 

Thanks,

Sam

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @sambrowett, sorry you've had a problem claiming the correct account on the BTID,

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings