cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: OpenReach (EE, BT, Sky) keeps cancelling my broadband order

Hi my mum died 5 days ago and I'm due to move house on the 5th may. Since Monday I've been trying to change my BT TV and broadband over to my new address.... The same problem as you open reach has cancelled my order twice because they say the previous person keeps saying they don't give permission for the line to be given up to me. This I now find out is a lie and then last tenant and then the owner has neither received any email from.BT or open reach. So someone is lying to me. 

I have checked on royal mail and my new postcode is correct. 

The previous occupant moved out 4 weeks ago and am told his broadband was with Origin by OVO and he had satellite for TV. 

I am so distressed and anxious, I work from home so need broadband... Don't we all, it's not a luxury.... I am so angry with BT and Open Reach because I should be thinking about my mum passing away and organising her funeral and instead I'm full of anxiety and angst about not being able to sort this out, being told different things each time I ring and it's kept me awake all night. 

I had a cancellation notice again this morning after they reordered yest and now I have to ring up again and sort it out. Which I know the same thing will happen again. I am so angry and upset and feel let down by BT . I just want broadband and TV or just broadband. 

I'm considering going to the press right now after reading your trauma. 

@celikk  @@bt 

Can you tell me more about you 5g thing that you talk about . As that might be an option for me to. 

Thank you again and BT if you read this please contact me the way you aren't helping me is shameful. 

Izzy 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@eas 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Message 3 of 6

Open reach keep cancelling my order. My mum died 5 days ago and am moving house in 2 weeks as I just

Hi my mum died 5 days ago and I'm due to move house on the 5th may.

Since Monday I've been trying to change my BT TV and broadband over to my new address.... The same problem as the other person I read about on the forum Open reach has cancelled my order twice because they say the previous person who holds the line keeps saying they don't give permission for the line to be given up to me.

This I now find out is a lie as I spoke to the last tenant and then the owner yesterday and  neither has received any email from.BT or Open reach. So someone is lying to me. 

I have checked on royal mail and my new postcode is correct. 

The previous occupant moved out  over 4 weeks ago and am told his broadband was with Origin by OVO and he had satellite for TV.  Never BT

I am so distressed and anxious, I work from home so need broadband... Don't we all, it's not a luxury.... I am so angry with BT and Open Reach because I should be thinking about my lovely mum passing away and organising her funeral and instead I'm full of anxiety and angst about not being able to sort this out, being told different things each time I ring and it's kept me awake all night. 

I had a cancellation notice again this morning after they re ordered yest and now I have to ring up again and sort it out.

Which I know the same thing will happen again. I am so angry and upset and feel let down by BT . I just want broadband and TV or just broadband. 

I'm considering going to the press right now before it all gets too much to cope with. 

Can someone also tell me more about a 5g thing that a previous person on the forum who had the same issue had talked about.  As that might be an option for me to. 

BT spoke about sorting me out with broadband something that I plug in rather than have a line and said it would give me the same signal and strength but I couldn't have TV.. 

BT if you read this please contact me the way you aren't helping me is shameful.  I'm distressed enough at loosing my mum and having this on my mind rather than that is wrong .

Thank you, from someone in a bit of distress

Izzy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thank you...

I also reposted and registered as a member 

Much appreciated x

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @eas,

I am so sorry about your loss. I am also sorry that we haven't been able to help you so far.

I personally went through something similar almost 9 years ago with a company when my Mum passed. I don't want you to go through the same thing as it's the last thing that you need.

Please, check your private messages. You will have one from me very shortly.

Thanks

DanielS 

Message 6 of 6

Thank you Daniel I'll have a look. You're so kind. And right now kindness is very much needed