cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Remove old BT ID

Hi

I have similar issue. I am trying for so long to sort out with bt customer service but they are not able sort this. Today they have put a request to delete my bt id instead. I don't know how it will affect?

Basically, there are two GBxxxx accounts associated with my bt id. I am only asking them to delete old GBxxxx account. 

Please help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @MrSingh,

When our Customer Services team look to delete the BTID, they're asking this so that you can set up a new BTID, with the same log in name, and only add the new account. This should work however, if you would rather we look at removing the old account number instead, we can try it for you. It will take my team around 3-5 working days to get back to you after you reply to a private message that I'm about to send you.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Hi @DanielS 
Customer service team had already deleted my id three times in the past but when I setup again as new, it always connects to the old account. That is why I was wondering if this ID deletion again will help or not? This simple process is so complicated.

I have only one BT connection but , I don't know why my credit file shows two BT accounts active (it has affected my credit score too) . Customer service says old account is closed but it is still linked to my bt id. If I do password reset, I receive email confirmation referring my old account only instead of my current active account.

There is a lot more to it but message will be very lengthy. I just want to get it sorted pls. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings