cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Recontracting Price

Yes, I read and printed out the same legal stuff today before I agreed to recontract, this indicated to me that my recontracted price would increase from 31 March. However I have banked on the Mods advice in a number of posts it would not increase if taken out on or after 1 March. Time will tell.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Should be an interesting outcome.

I have just received notification of  my price increase from 31 March 2023 (10.5% CPI rate of inflation plus 3.9%).

I recontracted earlier today before the email arrived  at the same price as I'm currently paying, the contract commences on 2 March.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@zulu17 When I looked at my offers today  here are the conditions that would apply:

Changes to your service
Your BT Broadband will be recontracted for a minimum term of 24 months.

By taking this package you are agreeing to new 24 month minimum term for your broadband plan. If you are staying on the same Broadband plan your existing monthly plan charges will continue to apply, otherwise your new monthly charges are as shown above.

The monthly price shown for your landline, broadband, mobile, TV and Sport plans, add-ons and all out of bundle charges will increase on or after 31 March every year by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January that year plus 3.9%.

Other terms, prices and products might also change at any time while you've got a contract with us. But we'll always let you know about important changes before they happen. See bt.com/prices for details.

Your discount for your broadband will be extended for 24 months as your broadband has been recontracted.

I couldn't find the "The legal stuff" you quoted.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

See here  the legal stuff at the bottom.

I suspect the web managers have not updated all relevant pages. On the My BT offers page for me - the wording is different.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

I've just renewed today with the same price I had but forced to switch to Digital Voice so hopefully I won't see the CPI+ increase.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

I have just renewed as well. £2 less pm than current deal.Hopefully no price rise this year.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Well - my free trial of 500 mbs (part of my recontracting offer) has started as promised today. Doubt my life will change but hey ho!

0 Ratings