cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Renew Contact After 1 March - Will CPI+3/9% increase apply from 1 April

There was some discussion last year about CPI+3/9% increase from 1 April for renewed or new contracts taken out after 1 March but before 1 April.

The consensus was that if you renewed an existing contract after 1 March then no price increase  would apply from 1 April, is this likly to be the same situation this year?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Renew Contact After 1 March - Will CPI+3/9% increase apply from 1 April

from memory last year seemed mixed some seemed to succeed and others were not so lucky

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Reply I saw from BT on Twitter yesterday

"If you sign up on or after 01/03/24, you will not be subject to the 31/03/24 price changes"

For some of us whether there will be a price increase will depend on how much currently paying/BT minimum price which earlier this month three sources told me £26.99 which for me  effectively includes March price increase

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@imjolly

From memory I think the mods sorted out the issue for those who were charged the CIP etc when they renewed after 1 March

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

That's great if you renew between 1 and 30 March. But I still don't like BT's definition of a contract with supposedly a fixed price for 2 years, that nevertheless is subject to a price increase if March 30 occurs more than a month after you've renewed your contract.
What other company offers this sort of "fixed price" contract - which actually isn't?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@chrisjp the majority of the bb & mobile market does the same,. It's likely been done due to the serial switchers moving whenever there was an increase in the past

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Most BB an mobile suppliers do the same however OFCOM are changing this please see:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2023/ban-on-inflation-linked-mid-contract-price-rise

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

I'm not realy a twitter user so won't have seen this informtion which is useful. How do you get to see the BT twitter feed which had this information?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

chrisjp

Taken from new customer quote page 

Want to fix your monthly BT broadband price for the duration of your contract?
Call 0800 800 150 to order.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Screenshot (650).png

0 Ratings