cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: Renewal Issues

Go to solution

Never known anything as stressful as dealing with BT. Worst mistake I've ever done is sign up to Halo3.

Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @Eirlys1 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you're having problems changing your package. When does your current contract expire? If you're out of contract then you should be able to downgrade your package to a cheaper deal.

If you send me your information, I'd like to take a look at the details of your complaint.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

This is my experience also.

Property 1 I have FTTC from BT and FTTP is not available.  I just have Fibre 2 which I was able to renew this month online and keep my 700 mins calling plan.  This came out less than I was previously paying.  Tried to get a quote on the phone and was only offered higher prices than online. 

Property 2 FTTC with Halo 3.  No offers online apart from higher services which are more expensive. Trying on phone same experience as others here with only more expensive options available even though I would be happy to renew without Halo 3. The difference at this property is that FTTP is available from altnet but not from BT.  So this one is going to altnet next month.  Also means I have to move the mobile away from BT as I would lose the £5 discount for having BT broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Paddy, thank you so much for offering to help. I complainedvia 'X' and managed to get ot sorted. My bill is now over half what it was. So relieved! This process shouldnot be so difficult. Message to others, don't give up. Fight for what is right! 

Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

Hello. Found this thread and boom ... all is clear as I am on FF500 with BT Halo 3 all the "upgrades" I see (current finishes in 53 days) are a more than current one (even new customer has a better deal but that's "normal!?"). Considering that I £49 for the service now and I can get it for £33 in other places its not the best practice. Will have to watch this space possibly or call them to not renew ..

What would happen if I did not renew/upgrade  in time? Will there be a daily charge or auto-enroll?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

@TEREU5 

there is no auto renewal.  if you do not renew your contract you move to a rolling monthly contract but you may lose any discounts you negotiated at start of you existing contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks for that!

I might have a chat and say that I want to cancell and place a new order and save myself £15 a month!

from 10:00 OMG spent all this time on hold trying to talk to some1 and gave up ....will try at some point later 😆

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

same here, 55 minutes on hold, no option to chat, no online option to renew, also gave up will try at night.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

Just read that if you use the company that uses their (BT/OR) network you do not need to gie a call. They will notify BT that the service is moving. When did some steps of order they gave me the date so might check closer to the day so the activation will fall on the end date of the service with BT and that will be it.... (£32 a month with £100 gift card....so £26.5 over 18 months....not 49 that is now!)

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

@TEREU5 

Yes, you just place an order with the new supplier. Transfer is usually 14 days from when you place the order. So order 14 days from the end of your contract.  Although a few days either side will have a minimal cost. But if you have a landline & want to retain it, be sure that the new provider has a phone service, as not all do.

0 Ratings