cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: Renewal Issues

Go to solution

BT are a nightmare. I went to EE shop to do my renewal. Engineeer came to sort out new TV box. Everything worked fine for a week then suddenly my landline stopped working. Impossible to actually speak to a human being at BT but have reported fault to BT twice online. Have no faith in that landline will work again anytime soon.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

@DC55 

Is your service now with EE, or are you still with BT Retail?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

I renewed with EE but understand that BT and EE come under the BT brand.  After renewal everything worked fine for a week then suddenly my landline vanished. It is very important to have my landline as my medical appointments all done via my landline

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

@DC55 

Note quite true, they are still separate companies with their own billing and support teams. They have simply been incorporated into the BT Group of companies, just like Plusnet. BT are trying to  persuade domestic customers who buy a large range of products, to move to EE.

So its important that you contact the correct company if you have issues. EE also have their own forum. It does sound like you are now an EE customer, see who sends you the bill.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

@DC55 Just a question/suggestion, is your phone still connected to phone socket or hub? All new contracts are usially digital voice now

Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

I went into the EE shop today to try and sort this out. I am still with BT and the lady phoned BT for me and it is seems my new contract was not properly activated…. What a surprise! I was told to go home and now plug the phone into the green socket in the back of the hub. They said it would take another 5 days possibly before the landline works again. I still have no faith in what might happen…. BT just ignore their elderly customers who struggle with all this technology

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

Let's hope they get it fixed before the 5 days is up, and you get your landline back.

Because I think this  BT / EE tie up, means that they've let their customers down in a big way, based on what I've read on here and seen on the TV.

BT & EE need to put their loyal customers 1st and not advertise NEW products that aren't available for everyone to have.

Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Sadly with many years as a BT customer the renewal/buying a new package when out of contract is painful and upsetting. New customers win, even out of contract you cannot get any deals that are close on Broadband. Would not let me drop to Fibre 2 from Fibre 100 with Halo 3 initially, offered £8 off current £92 Broadband price. Fibre 2 was offered finally at £78, had to take new mobile deal.

£36 for new customers. I said I didn’t expect the same deal but would have taken £10-15 extra. 

I don’t want Halo 3 with discs and EE 4G backup anymore as wife needed this during Covid as a teacher. Both of us are now retired.

Simply, EE hub with EE Sim 67Mb for two years. Loyalty zero.

I’ve warned all my friends with BT to not fall for the special deals while in contract that gives you extras, i did Halo 1 to 3+ over time, very small increases.

The ironic thing is you can go to Plusnet for £26, no landline. 

So my DD of £111 for my package will end unfortunately. 

My business friends always told me you need to keep your ‘core’ customers happy, clearly BT cares for business accounts.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

Here we are on 16 April and I am still without my landline. I raised a complaint a week a ago with BT as it turned out that in spite of signing a new contract with BT on 21 March, they failed to activate it on 26 March (I have  confirmation e mail of this date). An engineer was booked for 27 March to update my TV box and to set up the landline. He was somewhat surprised to find that when he connected the landline to the green slot at the back of the hub, the line was dead. However, when connected to the original slot in the wall hub, the landline worked! When he left the broadband, TV and landline were all working.  I was somewhat perplexed as to what was happening, so visited my local EE shop on 04 April where I had taken out the new contract and also bought a new iPhone with EE. The girl in the shop was also perplexed and phoned BT who after some wait was told by BT “they had not activated my new contract” . BT said they would activate the new contract later that day. Indeed they did but “hey presto” my landline had gone dead and remains not working 11 days later. After numerous unsuccessful emails/text messages, I raised an official complaint with BT for which I have a reference number. This was done after actually speaking with a helpful human being in BTs complaints department. I was assured that my landline would be working by 15 April ( today)…. It is not! Is this the way to treat an elderly customer who has had a BT account for 50+ years.  I think not.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @DC55, sorry that you've no working telephone service.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings