cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Renewal Issues

Go to solution

I've been trying to renew my contract with BT, 3 hours later, still no further forward. I'm trying to reduce my monthly cost but apparently BT won't allow it as I'm a Halo 3 customer. I've been quoted £25 more for than a new customer. Not happy at all! 

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Renewal Issues

Go to solution
For some reason, if you're on Halo 3, BT won't allow you to change to a cheaper plan if you try to do it online.
I understand, though, that you can do this by telephoning them and arguing your case with one of their agents, who unfortunately are incentivized to upsell.
Trouble with this is that there have been a number of reports on this forum of agents getting the new contract completely wrong, or people being cut off from broadband completely for a period.
I don't think I'm being over-cynical to think this is a BT marketing ploy to keep people on more expensive plans than they want or need - and which are routinely offered to new customers.
Message 3 of 30

Go to solution

I've been told by an advisor today that it's BT policy not to allow customers to come off Halo 3. The advice i was given, head office don't care if i renew or not. That's what you get for 25 years loyalty. Absolutely appalled. No use trying to renew on line either, only gave me the same package which was more expensive. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 30

Go to solution

@chrisjpis correct in that we've seen this before. Halo is clearly very lucrative for BT & they obviously don't want to lose that without a fight. But I can't believe making it mandatory once you've taken it is legal. Whether this is actual BT policy or just driven by individuals desperate for commission I've no idea. If you're lucky, a Moderator will pick this up & hopefully clarify the position for the rest of us. 

But assuming that you are or soon will be out of contract, then I suggest you follow BT's advice & vote with your feet.

Message 5 of 30

Go to solution

Had the same issue and moved to Vodafone, half the price.

Message 6 of 30

Go to solution

I just don't get why BT are treating loyal customers like this.  😕 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution

Obvious...In their view, "loyal" means stupid enough not to move whatever they do.

Message 8 of 30

Go to solution

Unfortunately some are vulnerable and will take whatever they're told. 🥺

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution

Tried to complain to BT and was again told i can't go on to a lower tariff as I'm on Halo3. I asked to have my complaint escalated and was told no point as the manager would say the same. Thanks BT for upsetting a 72 year old. Never thought this process would be stressful.  Don't know what to do o'r who to ask for help 😕

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution

I’m in the same club, I’m on Halo 3, and tried to move to new EE, but after a fortnight of being fobbed off and pushed from pillar to post, today I told the agent to cancel the move, and I’ll stick with BT. 
So anymore marketing emails I get from BT offering me New EE, will get deleted and I’ll remove myself as best as I can from anymore junk mail from BT.