cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Sharing a BT primary account

Go to solution

Almost two years ago I mentioned the topic that many fellow users have asked over the years. “Why can a person who is a primary account holder not share 1000 gb allowance so that the wife can have 500gb and myself 500gb”? Surely in this advance day and age BT should be able to provide this facility to have two separate BT Cloud sub accounts within the main BT Cloud account. A bit similar to our BT account where my wife can access her mobile account details and I can access mine, separately, although I am the primary account holder. A BT Cloud sub account for each of us within the main BT Cloud account would mean that separately we could each access our own 500gb BT Cloud account without seeing the other persons 500gb account. Having worked for BT for 47 years I know that this sort of  procedure request could be possibly further investigated, if this feedback is passed back to the designers of BT Cloud. If the designers of BT Cloud can be made aware of what many customers require with BT Cloud, then something may eventually change. The community already know that BT say it can’t be done.  and is only proper to the primary account holder,  but in many peoples eyes it defeats the object in using BT Cloud. Let’s hope that BT will look further into this request. Please can this feedback be passed to the relevant people. Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sharing a BT primary account

Go to solution

In view of the following it is doubtful if BT will take up your suggestion.

BT Cloud

• From 26 October BT Cloud will no longer be offered to customers who take BT Broadband packages. For customers who have not already set up the service, the option to do so will no longer exist in MyBT.  Existing BT Broadband customers who have already activated BT Cloud can continue to use it as they do today but will not be able to upgrade their storage.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Distinguished Sage

Thank you very much for the quick reply and information. I was certainly not aware of the notification on the 26th of October.

I just wonder if there may be future plans in the pipeline to eventually close BT Cloud altogether. Or they may decide to charge all customers for the use of data storage,  with no free allowance. Similar to what Flickr did.

Anyway, much appreciated for your assistance again Distinguished Sage.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I am not aware of any further plans however it would not surprise me if they do as you have suggested at some point in the future.