cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

The deal discussed on the phone was not honored?

Hey,

i am with BT, and cureently on Fibre 100. My contract is going to expire next week. on 27th of January i called BT sales team, and asked for some deals to re-new the contract.

the lady talked me through 2 options, but i was keen to learn more about the fibre 900. She said this will cost £56/month, and the initial 6 months will be only £28. my response was that I cant pay 56/month even after initial reduction, and i need to think about it and call again.

the lady asked me stay on the line, meanwhile she went to speak with her manager to see if there is anything they can do with the price.

after a couple of minutes she came back and quted something around £42-45. she said I am going to pay less than my cureent bills (£47). I asked twice if that's a real deal and she said yes. hence i agreed to proceed.

today I was speaking with BT customerservice to check when can I expect my btoadband to be connected and we discovered that after the initial period of 6 weeks the price will be £55, and not like agreed sometbing around £42-45. please can anyone help? thx

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: The deal discussed on the phone was not honored?

if you agreed a new contract/re-contracted before the 1st march then your monthly cost will increase by 14.4% on 31st march.  many posts covering this years increase and contracts affected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your response. 

I am aware of the increase. However, I am afraid that's not the case here. I was speaking with BT Consultant today, and they said there is nothing mentioned in CRM tool about the deal which was approved by BT Manager.  

I am afraid the Consultant I spoke with on 27th January or forgot to add it into the system or was over-creative/generous with the offer I agreed on. 
I believe the calls are recorded and someone can look into this and check it? 

Please advise.

Thanks! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I called BT again - just now. Spoke with the same person as yesterday.  I think the lady recognised me - I was speaking with Call-centre in Scotland.

Unfortunately, she said that the deal I was offered on the phone by her colleague on January 27th (Full Fiber900 - 6months for £28, and the rest 18 months for £42-45) does not exist anymore. If not this deal, I would probably hold on with extending my contract.
<MY CONVERSATION FROM 27th of JAN SHOULD BE RECORDED IN THE SYSTEM AND SOMEONE WITH A GOOD WILL CAN LISTEN TO IT>

Today (4.3.2023) the consultant said that: the best deal available for me  is to stay on my current broadband (Fibre 100) and pay £47 pounds per month. The renewal is for 24monthss...

I am super disappointed.. It looks like on the 27th of January I got lied, and scammed by consultant just to renew the contract. Today the deal does not exist and I was forced to get the contract I am not happy with at all. Alternatively I would pay cancelation fee... 

After 4+ years of great service BT let me down so much.. I got Scammed/Lied by the consultant on the 27th of Jan. If not lies about the discount I would not agree to extend the contract... 

Quite sad story.. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I called again yesterday, this time just to officially complain. luckily the consultant I was speaking with was able to put the call through to his manager.

the manager was helpful and reviewd my case (listened to the convo from 27th). we, also agreed to reconnect later this week once the manager who approved my deal is at work. 

it sounds like after a several conversations with BT customer service my initial deal might be respected. hopefuly this will be resolved this week. 

0 Ratings