cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unable to Pay BT Bill

I was unable to pay my BT bill in full last month, so BT set up an instalment plan so I pay three instalments of £190.

I paid the first of the three £190 instalments on Friday (one day before the payment date). And the other two are due in February (which I will pay).

But since Thursday I’ve been receiving telephone automated telephone calls from BT informing me to pay the full bill. I feel this is pressure to make me pay my instalment plan faster I can.

Are BT allowed to do this as their online presence says “We are here to help you if you are struggling with your bill”. And since I’ve started making my payments towards my bill I’m getting a call every morning at 8am from BT which feels like harassment.

My BT bill for broadband and BT TV has been too expensive since late last year, and as for BT TV, I find it has less on it than it did when I first started subscribing for it in 2018. ie not getting my money’s worth.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to Pay BT Bill

Hi @BenSCR,

Thank you for posting. When a payment plan is set up with BT, the system will automatically send out messages as a reminder when the payment date approaches. This is just to help ensure that the agreed payment date isn't missed, which could result in the account being restricted.

I'm sorry if you feel you aren't getting value for money for your service. If you send me your details, I'm more than happy to review your account with you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply Paddy.

In your private message to me, there is no link for Reply, or do I just compose a New Message to you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @BenSCR,

If you reply to my Private message with the details request, we'll take a look at your account and reply to you directly.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings