cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Unable to access account details

Just wondering if someone could take a look at my account as I'm still unable to access the account details after the PoA stuff has been sorted. Ref: https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Account-ownership-change-PoA-registration/m...

When I login I get a "Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment", and the account number (top right) is blank.

I can access billing, and have the option of taking out a new 24 month contract, but I'm not clear if that's going to mean a move from the old landline to VoIP - which is probably going to cause issues for my Gran who's 98, hard of hearing, and quite used to her big-button phone when she's not making calls via Alexa.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to access account details

Navigate the site and see if there is more that one BT account associated with your ID. That can gum up My BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for getting back to me @Tom20001 

WS******43 is the only account number I can find (taken from a pdf'd bill).

EDIT: hiding account number.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

You don’t want to publish that. Can you find a page with Account Details and perhaps a drop down selector?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@colin_shorts_elma 

Please edit out that account number, as this is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe @Tom20001 , it's been a long day :facepalm:

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @colin_shorts_elma, welcome back and sorry you're getting this error message when you log into your account. 

Are you still getting this error?
Has this just started to happen and it worked ok before?

Are you accessing your MyBt via the web or the app?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @JohnC2 ,

The account never worked properly, possibly something that went wrong at my end. Originally when I set it up from my own home, I didn't realise that someone/something was calling my Gran's home number to do a verification, and she was just shouting "scammer" and putting the phone down.

Cheers,

Colin

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @colin_shorts_elma, thanks for posting back. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to look into this further for you to ensure all is set up correctly.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings