cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Upgrade g.fast to FTTP

I got some post from BT about FTTP being available in my area and call them about upgrading etc etc etc. I am currently on the g.fast product but, looking at what I pay for that, and the prices of BT FTTP packages, it would make sense for me to migrate.

So, I call the number suggested and basically got told (it was an Indian call centre, and I was struggling to understand what the guy was saying, but this is the gist) that it would be prohibitively expensive for me as I am still in contract. It was such a faff explaining what I wanted to do, and the guy was so obtuse in what he was saying, I gave up. It basically felt like i was being put off migrating as it'd be so expensive.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to me that it should be that expensive - I am in contract until December this year, so only four months till the end. When I log in to BT and see what upgrades are available, all i see are a slightly different version of the product I am already on.

I find myself in the strange situation of wanting to give BT my money now, but having them put me off, which will probably mean sitting tight for a few months and then going to another provider.

This seems nuts. Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrade g.fast to FTTP

No idea why you were talking to an Indian cal centre, all BT call centres are in the UK. Like for like, FTTP prices are exactly the same as FTTC prices, only the faster speeds are more expensive

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

They do still use Off Shore Call Centres as a Contingency Back Up when they’re busy.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @andrewrobins call 0800 800 030 they will be able to upgrade you if it's available.

Message 5 of 8

You can check if FTTP available to you by entering your phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It is definitely available, no doubt about that.

It's the seeming lack of interest in letting me upgrade that surprised me!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@andrewrobins ring free 0800 800 030 and they will be able to upgrade you 🙂

Message 8 of 8

@andrewrobins wrote:

It is definitely available, no doubt about that.

It's the seeming lack of interest in letting me upgrade that surprised me!

Seems strange if FTTP was definitely available then BT would have no problem upgrading but BT often issue circulars to an area about upgrading to FTTP but some of the people cannot upgrade at that time. The checker will show one way or another

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings