cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Upgrade

Recent upgrade from copper to fibre optic. 

I used to listen to a wide range of radio channels on the old system via the broadband cable into the BT TV box. 

I don't have that option now because they have placed the new fibre optic system in my conservatory... which is a good 20 + foot away from my TV.  Now I have a very 'selected' choice of radio channels to choose from. 

What can be done to give me back my previous radio channels...these ones I have now are...boring !!

Wasn't told about the drastic move in the equipment or the 'downgrade' in music channels at point of the so called 'upgrade' !

I haven't checked anything else yet on the BT TV box... so far... not a happy customer.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Upgrade

If you have a Pro box you can connect by WiFi. Anything else will require an ethernet cable or maybe powerline adapters.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

So, an upgrade on another upgrade to cure a not my fault problem !
Having a cable from one area to another of over 20ft is probably not what I envisaged when I 'upgraded'..tbh.
Thanks for the reply.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

What stations are you looking for? I wasn't aware that any were provided by Internet, but not something I'd use anyway. Worth noting that Bauer removed their stations from Freeview recently.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Which BT box do you have? (see EE TV boxes | Compare the different boxes we offer | BT Help )

If you have the Pro box, then, depending on the construction of your house, you should be able to have your box near your TV and connect to the hub over Wi-Fi, so no extra cabling or 'upgrades' required

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Just noting,  all of the Kiss channels are missing...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I do not have the Pro Box...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

If your upgrade included a black wi-fi disc (complete wi-fi) then you can place that near to your box and run a network cable between the two.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Dexiardezwrote:

Just noting,  all of the Kiss channels are missing...

They are Bauer station, so it may be that their removal has coincided with your upgrade. They were delivered by your aerial, not by Internet.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2024/03/bauer-radio-station-to-leave-freeview-platform-following-satellite-...

Message 10 of 12

No,  that wasn't included...

0 Ratings