cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Why am I paying £67.91 for broadband fibre 250 when new customers get it for less than £50

I am considering leaving BT because I am paying £67.91 for my broadband when new customers get it for under £50. I don't understand why this is happening nor why when I changed my TV service to a higher one I was re-contracted another 2 years. That means by changing my tv service I am now stuck on these prices all the while new customers are getting a deal and half. Why should I stay and not leave? If I leave I will be billed for the remaining contract period but I will challenge it in court.

I am not happy. Can some one advise as to what my options are?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why am I paying £67.91 for broadband fibre 250 when new customers get it for less than £50

There may bot be much that can be done. What is the name of the broadband you are on, are you on a halo package for example? If you are it's different from the new customer one. You say you changed tv package too, what package was that from & too plus was there a special offer on it? If so that may be why there was a new broadband contract as well. Ultimately though if you are past the first 14 days you may be stuck as you agreed to it already

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Why am I paying £67.91 for broadband fibre 250 when new customers get it for less than £50

In my experience BT are always happy to renegotiate your contract at any point during the contract.  The downside is you get tied into a new 24 month contract but often you do get better rates. 

For years now I call up every 12 months despite being on a 24 month contract to renegotiate price.  Possibly the only difference with me is that we don’t have any other provider in our village at the moment.  So leaving isn’t really an option.  And if the main customer services people can’t help then try emailing the Chairmans office directly.  Normally this prompts a call back from someone who would go out of their way to help you.

Message 4 of 4

@KirstyUKwrote:

I don't understand why this is happening nor why when I changed my TV service to a higher one I was re-contracted another 2 years.

BT TV is only available to BT Broadband customers, because the broadband is a requirement it was renewed to match the same duration as the BT TV subscription, any discount you had at the time was extended for 24 months.

0 Ratings