cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Why did BT cancel my broadband/phn order after charging me then charged me again.

Has anyone ever had this ?? - yesterday I ordered BT broadband/phn online.

They processed the order and charged me the upfront connection charge which I ticked to do anyway.

Then the order was cancelled half an hour later which I was sent a flurry of emails and they then processed an unauthorised order which was totally different to what I wanted giving me a new phone line too which I definitely didn't want and double the connection fee. So I've been charged £10 then £20 yesterday.

When I rang them to see what was going on they said the 2nd order looks like it's been cancelled too. Quite bad customer service charging me twice and pushing through with a 2nd order with a new phn number just to get the business. Still haven't received email confirmation of the 2nd cancelled order so it looks like it all went through so I wouldn't of known if I hadn't rang up. WOEFUL customer service and no apology !!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why did BT cancel my broadband/phn order after charging me then charged me again.

are you moving from another ISP to BT?

have you moved into house and want to take over existing connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Why did BT cancel my broadband/phn order after charging me then charged me again.

This is the 1st time I've ever had a problem changing broadband - only this was going with BT. 

I'm not changing isp and have been in my home for 14 years.

Just think it could be a glitch as it's all automated. Just rubbish service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Nains,

Has any one from BT been in touch to get this sorted for you?

If you need any help at all, please let me know.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The only thing I got was a series of 5 new  generated bookings with countless emails with each one. After ringing each day for 2 weeks with absolutely no help to shut down all these accounts with everyone telling me the accounts had  been cancelled which they hadn't, eventually someone did help. She's the one who saw all the different account no's I was being given. After having to go through all the countless emails I received I saw that yes I'd been sent 5 new accounts !!  So hopefully this is all sorted with no charges and I would never use BT again after this. An utter nightmare.

0 Ratings