cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 405

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a gaming subscription service that includes all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, over 100 high-quality games for console, PC and Android mobile devices, Cloud Gaming (Beta) and an EA Play membership, all for one low monthly price.

How do I get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? 

If you are (or become) a BT Broadband customer, you can add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to your bill contract-free. 

Just go to My BT, log in with your My BT details and then click ‘Add Game Pass Ultimate’. You can then set up a new Microsoft account or log in to your existing Microsoft account to complete activation and get started.

Who can get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

All new and existing BT Broadband customers can add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to their bill, all you need is to have an active broadband line.

Option 1

If you’ve just recently taken broadband with us or are in the process of moving home, you have to wait for your order to complete and your line to be active before you can add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to your bill. Once your broadband is up and running, just go to My BT and log in with your My BT details. Then select ‘Add Game Pass Ultimate’ to get set up.

OR

Option 2

New customers can add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate when their broadband starts, and existing BT Broadband customers can add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at any time (unless during a home move). Either way, just go to My BT and log in with your My BT details. Then select Add Game Pass Ultimate to get set up.

How much does it cost? 

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs £10 a month on BT, which is a little cheaper than the market price just for being a BT broadband customer.

Can I sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate if I have an existing subscription? 

Yes, sign up via My BT and your billing will be transferred across to BT from the point you complete your activation.

If you have a few passes left on your Microsoft account, don’t worry you won’t lose these. Your existing passes will stay stacked on your account ready for you to continue using at any time.

Can I add more than one Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription to my BT account?

Unfortunately, you can only add one Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription to your BT bill.

Setting up and using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

How do I get started?

Anyone with BT Broadband can now add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to their BT bill. To activate simply visit My BT, log in and click ‘Add Game Pass Ultimate’.

Once you have activated, you can use Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on a handset or tablet using Android 6.0 or later – a console or Windows 10 PC is required to use Xbox Live and Game Pass. 

*Update* - Apple ios devices are now compatible with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

What devices can I use Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on?

Once you have activated, you can use Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on a handset or tablet using Android 6.0 or later, but a console or Windows 10 PC is required to use Xbox Live and Game Pass. Cloud Gaming (beta) cannot be used on iOS or Huawei HMS only devices.  

Do I need a controller to use to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on?

Some games may require a Bluetooth controller to play. Learn what types of controllers will work when cloud gaming using the Xbox Game Pass app.

Once you have a compatible controller, learn how to connect your Bluetooth-enabled controller to your device here.

Can I set up Parental control on Xbox Game pass? 

Child accounts and parental controls can’t be configured using the Xbox Game Pass for mobile app at this time. However, any content restrictions or limits already in place, such as those set using the Xbox Family Settings app, will be enforced while playing games from the cloud.

You can learn more about content restrictions, screen time limits and additional privacy and safety settings here.

Managing your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account

If you are an EE customer, you can manage your Xbox Game pass from here

If you are a BT customer, you can manage your Xbox Game pass from here

How will I be billed?

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a monthly membership service that you pay in advance. You'll be billed for this every month (on around the date that your service started) unless you cancel.  If you choose to take Xbox Game Pass Ultimate through BT, the monthly fee will appear on your BT bill.

How do I cancel my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account?

To stop the auto-renewal of your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account, log in to My BT.

You won't have to pay a cancellation fee. However, we won't refund you for any days you've already paid for. Instead, you'll have access to the service until the date that the membership would have auto-renewed (you can find this on your bill).

What happens if I cancel my BT Broadband?

If you cancel your BT Broadband service, your access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will end on the first Xbox Game Pass Ultimate bill date after your Broadband is cancelled. If you've already paid for a month's access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate before cancelling broadband, you can game on until that month ends.

To avoid paying for any additional months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you can choose to opt-out of your auto-renewal at the same time you cancel broadband.

What if I move?

If you move home there'll be no break in your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate service if you keep BT Broadband. You'll still be able to access it on any compatible device.

I have lost/deleted the redemption email, how can I get the Game Pass Ultimate offer?

To start using your pass, login to My BT, head for the Content Partner section and click Add Now.

I had 6 months free and have upgraded my Full Fibre plan- I now have 12 months free, how does this work?

You will receive an email with steps to follow to do this.

My free period has ended, how much will I pay/when will I be charged?

You will pay £10 per month.

I don’t want to pay for Game Pass Ultimate after the free period, what do I do?

go to MyBT and switch off the auto-renewal.

I am on a paid subscription and now have the free offer - will I get a refund?

If you currently have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you can continue to use this until its end date. Your 6/12 months will then begin automatically.

What is Xbox Live Gold?

As an Xbox Live Gold Member, you get the most advanced multiplayer, bonus games, and exclusive member discounts in Microsoft Store. With Xbox Live Gold, you can stay connected with friends, family, and Xbox Live members around the world.

What is EA Play?

EA Play is a subscription-based service, included in Game Pass Ultimate, to give you access to EA studio games, such as FIFA, The Sims, Star Wars and much more.

What is Direct Play or Play Anywhere?

Play directly on console, PC and Android mobile devices from the cloud (beta).

I’ve ordered my broadband, but I haven’t received an email on how to activate Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

You will receive the email with instructions on how to activate Xbox Game Pass Ultimate once your broadband has been activated (if you don’t know when your broadband will be activated, you can track your order at www.bt.com/ordertracking). If your Broadband activation date has been delayed this will delay when you receive the email to claim Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Where on MyBT can I add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

Within MyBT (link), go to ‘Your products’, and when you scroll down the page you will see the ‘Content Partner’ section where you will be able to click ‘Add Now’. You won’t be able to claim your included Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer until your Broadband is active, if you do you will be charged full price for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Do I need to use my BT account email address for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

No, you don’t need to use your BT account email address, however, you must sign in with the email address associated with the Microsoft account you would like to use for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. You can create a Microsoft account if you don’t already have one

404 REPLIES 404
Message 2 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

Are u gonna do ps plus or just xbox

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 405

hi

got it addedto my account on bt side and connected to my xbox gamer tag but its not showing with microsoft

how do i get help with this?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 405

Where exactly is the CONTENT PARTNER section in MY BT in order to activate the 12month free offer
Message 5 of 405

How’d you add it on the BT end. Theres nowhere in My BT that mentions the free game pass
Message 6 of 405

Any help here??

Message 7 of 405

It’s not a free offer it’s 10 per month and I added it from the Bt site it’s self 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 405

Theres a free offer at the minute for new customers but nowhere to activate it. Even if i wanted to pay the 10 a month theres nowhere on the site to click on

Message 9 of 405

It’s In my Bt under products and there you can activate it 

188CF5F1-4B94-4247-B941-2D3291AC1E8C.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 405

Ive looked under products. It isnt there??  Im gonna ring them later. The britbox one isnt there either