cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 231 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

I have the exact same issue, my 6 months has finished but BT still have control of my billing. Spoke to MSFT who say they cant help as they cant override it, BT chat agent told me they have released it. Spoke to MSFT again who say it hasnt been released!!!

Can anyone here from BT help as I would really like control of my account again to deal with MSFT directly.  Spoken to three different people at BT today who put me on hold and then a new agent comes on the call who knows nothing about my issue….so going round in circles.

Wish id never taken the offer, its been incredibly poorly managed and run.

0 Ratings
Message 232 of 405

That's interesting. I just spoke to BT help who told me they've released mine now, but like you the Microsoft subs page is still claiming it's managed by BT. I wonder if there's a delay before it updates?

Please let me know how you get on anyway. I'll get back to BT myself tomorrow if nothing has changed.

0 Ratings
Message 233 of 405

After asking to speak to a manager at BT I ended up speaking to a super helpful chap called Lee. He did loads of digging and confirmed that according to the backoffice systems I have finished my 6 months and should be back with MSFT. However MSFT are insistent that BT still own my billing and cannot manually take it back.

Re a delay in updating, BT first told me mine was released on Thursday but sadly the process isnt completing back to MSFT as its still showing as BT to me and MSFT Xbox support. 

Therefore it seems that whatever “trigger” that should be going from BT to MSFT to terminate the billing relationship isnt working. So can someone on here from BT step in and help as we will be the first of many people who are going to be having this issue moving forward so a fix needs to be identified and put into place.

@PaddyB , @NeilO @SeanD can one of you help us please.?

Message 234 of 405

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see you're having issues managing your subscription with Microsoft after your 6 months subscription has finished.

Have you turned off auto-renew on your Xbox game pass in MyBT?

Login to MyBT on a web browser, click Your package and scroll down to the content partners section then click manage. From there you can turn off the auto-renew option.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 235 of 405

Thanks for your reply Neil, but as per my screenshots the BT Product Page box now just shows an "Add Now" button, as the subscription has ended.

GPU.png

I also spoke to someone from BT's online chat support yesterday who stated that they cancelled my sub for me (despite it already being stopped), but that has not resolved the issue. It sounds like Paul has had exactly the same experience.

Our Microsoft subs page still shows that the account is managed by BT/EE, and I can't even add pre-paid codes as as a result as I need to "contact the subscription provider".

0 Ratings
Message 236 of 405

@Mogster thanks for clarifying that, I needed to make sure that auto-renew was off.  I'll feed that back to the team responsible for the offer.

I will also send you and @paulmeds9 a private message so you can send over your details, we'll need to get this looked into.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 237 of 405

Tks @NeilO , have replied to you.  We both appear to have the exact same problem and seem to have been some of the first people to reach the end of our 6 month contract.

Hopefully the teams behind the scenes can get the fix in place before too many more people have their 6 months end.

0 Ratings
Message 238 of 405

Sorry you're having to go through this folks, I'll be in the same boat in about three months, so I hope the dev team behind this can issue a fix asap. As someone who works in software testing (and started my career at BT) it's super frustrating to see that something like this has been missed (but it's easily done).

0 Ratings
Message 239 of 405

Add me to the list.

My BT Xbox 6 months expired yesterday and MS still says BT have control of the account.

I can't even see the Xbox product in my BT account now either (but it was set to not renew)!

0 Ratings
Message 240 of 405

Xbox 6 month subscription expiry - Microsoft still says BT manage my Xbox account?

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

My 6 month subscription has expired and I now want to go back to MS handling my Xbox account so I can add prepaid codes etc.

But MS say BT still have control of it? Why is that?

Auto renew is off so I am stuck where I cannot add any codes (it says I need to speak to my subscription provider when I try).

Help please!

0 Ratings