cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

trying to leave.......

So am currently at 35 minutes on the leave BT line 

Started well, am out of contract so no charge. then "oh you're being changed over to digital voice, and thats causing an issue".

I never asked for it. dont have a landline.  ive no major issues with BT but we have FTTP at 900mb through another company so decided to go for that and it is living up to the promise. Hybrid connect doesnt work here as no 3 signal.. now been told i have to go over to values to cancel off. so much for the simple  process. in fact and i quote the guy ive just spoken to.... "this digital voice switch over is causing us all sorts of problems!"
so in short set aside a heap of time to leave! 
So ... after 40 minutes... i get hung up on. then call back, press option 1... get put through to home moving team! they tell me i have an open order on my account (not asked for ) and that it will be 24 hours before i can leave..

UTTER shambles BT

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: trying to leave.......

It's simply they can't have more than 1 order on an account at a time. The digital voice auto migration order will have to be cancelled first which takes 24 hours. Yes an annoyance but not the "utter shambles" you're making out it is

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

well here we are 20th July..... and i get another bill!! 

Seems whom ever said my account was now canceled lied.. and didnt bother doing their job. so I'm slapped with £75 bill. and still have an active account.
well i aint paying it. 
they cancelled the  order for digital voice. and i called back 24 hours later as instructed.. and was told.. yup thats all done the account is now cancelled. you can cancel your direct debit in 48 hours, which i did.

seems BT is riddled with utter incompetency. call the 0800 number press 1 for cancel your home account.. you go through  to moving home who cant help then you have a 20 minute hang on to get transferred to cancellations. to be informed whomever issued the cease, didnt bother. 
Wow. any wonder BT is shedding custom!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@coreserverswrote:

they cancelled the  order for digital voice. and i called back 24 hours later as instructed.. and was told.. yup thats all done the account is now cancelled. you can cancel your direct debit in 48 hours, which i did.

You first posted on July 11th, if you waited 24 hours the cease was placed July 12th, your account should remain active until August 11th as you have to give 30 days notice to end your subscription.

During this time the billing cycle will continue as normal, which is why your bill is a full bill, 7 days after your service ends a final bill will be generated, this will refund any advance charges from the previous billing cycle.

When the cease order was placed, did you get an email confirming the end of the services?

@coreserverswrote:

Seems whom ever said my account was now canceled lied.. and didnt bother doing their job. so I'm slapped with £75 bill. and still have an active account.
well i aint paying it.

I can't tell you what to do but I strongly advise you pay as normal and wait for the final bill, your credit file is at risk if you pay late, which can make it harder to obtain credit in the future.

0 Ratings